Epps is now staying at BYU

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The word on the street is that he had some interesting NIL offers so he put his name in the portal early enough to be able to play this fall. Some rich BYU donors stepped up and matched the offers. He is now staying.
      I can’t blame the BYU donors for doing what they did. Epps is a very good WR. Keeping him is a big deal.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Lesson learned. If you have value, go into the portal to get your bump. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That is hilarious and 100% true. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I think you are right.  This will be the negotiating tactic going forward.

1 3

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I have an idea (it’s too late to do it now, but hey) Tell Vele and Parks to go into the portal to entice a big time receiver to transfer here for an easy opportunity. Then have them come back after the other guy commits and the portal closes, then give them a nice NIL deal.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Sounds like he tried to get out but couldn’t do it.  It’s like Hotel California down there.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Immediately fired up this song. 

Oh and BTW the best version ever performed was the Live recording on MTV 1994. 

https://youtu.be/X7usA3YouKw

NashvilleUte
          Ute Fan
          @nashvilleute05

Absolutely agree! That’s one of my favorite albums. Through high school I worked at ZCMI in the sports section and for some reason we had a copy of the VHS tape of that concert. I played it pretty frequently and have enjoyed it ever since. Also, I always made sure Utes gear was MUCH more prominently displayed than… well, you know who. Whenever I was working that crap was in a back corner!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Epps is now staying at BYU