Valero Alamo Bowl
      Alamodome (San Antonio)
      Bonagura: Texas vs. Utah
      Schlabach: Texas vs. Utah

espn.com insider article

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

This prediction is based on losing CCG, but makes sense that we likely won’t drop lower. If USC wins, they are like CFP, UW likely Rose, and we would be Alamo (I guess they could take Oregon and we slip to Holiday as we would have just been in Vegas).

But this also would mean a potential repeat of 2019 when we lost CCG to Oregon and went to Alamo against Texas. The team didn’t really take it too seriously and got beat bad 38-10. We could have a few opt outs anyway (CPIII, maybe others should like Kincaid but he likes playing too much).

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Not sure how many Utah fans would travel to San Antonio for a “groundhog day” bowl game. Personally, from a holistic POV, I’d much rather prefer the Vegas or Holiday Bowls.

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

Agree. Holiday would be better. I don’t think Vegas will want someone that was there 2 weeks before in the CCG, but maybe it’s different with proximity (and SEC opponent).

I am actually an alumn of both Utah and Texas and usually watch both games each week (still would cheer more for Utah as undergrad was more fun), but not even really considering travelling to Texas (plus, going to Austin for work next week).

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Oregon was in the Alamo last year so Utah is likely stuck, I believe they are limited to the 8-2 teams in that selection window but I know Vegas, Sun, and Holiday can deviate 1 loss down to the next group of teams.  That was how the BYU/Utah Vegas bowl happened.

utefansince79
            Ute Fan
            @utefansince79

Long ways to Texas requiring air-fare (pricey that time of the year) or a couple days drive both directions where as Southern Cal or Vegas can be done in one long day’s drive each way.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Airfare is definitely a factor in determining how many Ute fans will make that trip. Personally, having spent time in both San Antonio and San Diego, it’s really no contest as to which city I prefer to spend 4-5 days with the family and that’s San Diego.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Airfare is definitely a limiting factor in determining how many Ute fans will make that trip. Personally, having spent time in both San Antonio and San Diego, it’s really no contest as to which city I prefer to spend 4-5 days with the family and that’s San Diego.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN College football bowl projections