ESPN SP+ rankings

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This article ranks Utah’s offense as the 12 best and the defense 26th best. I find this interesting since I think most people believe Utah’s strength is on defense. Utah ranks 14th overall, just like the AP and coaches poll.

I think the offensive ranking assumes that Cam Rising will be our starting QB and that Kuithe will play. It’s nice to get national recognition. We have the highest ranking of the new Big 12 teams.

Go Utes!!!

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

That is quite surprising that the defense is that low. Our front 7 is going to be way better, and our secondary should be in the same ballpark as last season, if not better due to the front 7 being better.

ukiyoronin
      Ute Fan
      @ukiyoronin

My prediction is that the defense will be ranked higher than the offense at the end of the season. The fact that wittingham has said this is the best defense to come through Utah during his time there makes me real bullish on this defense.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Returning production and recruiting rankings play a large role in SP+, especially in the preseason rankings. Connelly also uses havoc plays for D and Utah lost most of its interceptions when Phillips moved on.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN SP+ rankings