Feels like we’re limping into this season

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 3

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

No Cam, no Brant, Rose in the hospital, Bridges not cleared, unspecified guys banged up from camp. Florida gonna be interesting.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The only shock is the Rose injury. The rest was at least somewhat suspected. It is what it is. Now the other guys need to step it up and lead us to victory.

Go Utes!!!

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Only remedy when feeling weak and limp at quarterback: SEND IN THE JOHNSON PACKAGE

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

I believe it is the BIG Johnson package.

4 4

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

The coaches must have a lot of faith in our depth as a team. They didn’t go after a QB in the portal when they knew there was a strong possibility Rising would not be ready. They must believe Johnson and Bryson are good enough to get the job done. They must have a lot of faith in our WRs, because they didn’t go after a true deep-threat WR other than Bridges when they realized he likely wouldn’t pan out. They also did not go after a real replacement for Kuithe (if there is such a thing), so they must have faith in Yassmin and the other TEs.

They also must have had faith that Bryson or Johnson would remain healthy and do a good job against Florida, otherwise they never would have put Rose in a position to get injured when they must have known Rising would likely not be ready for game 1.

I choose to believe all of this because the only alternative is our coaches failed to bring in the help we needed this offseason, and they were careless in not protecting their future QB.

1 1

Roy Rangum
        Ute Fan
        @royrangum

While I would like to share your optimism / faith in coaching, the other possibility is that there may have not been good options to go after, and / or, they tried and weren’t successful.

3 1

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I was torn between sincere faith and sarcasm.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Ok so you’re a portal QB…do you come to Utah when Cam Rising is either starting game 1 or game 2? Or to join a room that has 3 additional QB’s who have been in the program between 1-3 years, including a former elite 11 kid with a tremendous ceiling? Of course not.

To imply the coaches didn’t shake the trees on a few kids at positions of “short term” need is ridiculous. Kuithe’s ACL was much more involved than Cam’s was. His twin brother didn’t respond well to any of his injuries and was forced medically retire. I think genetics plays a part in his recovery and it’s somewhat concerning. Either way Yassmin is a potential NFL guy (otherwise he returns home after last season) and there is some depth behind him until BK is ready so it’s not like the TE room is a train wreck

The fact that Whittingham is talking about a Johnson package is actually a bullish sign with regard to Cam. Barnes is pretty damn fast so not sure you’d need Nate to run for him.

The first two weeks of camp are always a grind physically and mentally. This week is the start of recovery week.

Cam is close. Is it week one, two or four?? We’ll soon find out.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
      Ute Fan
      @thirtyfour-thirtyone

I would imagine that certain coaches were not thrilled with the poor tackling and (at times) lack of physicality to start last season. We are gonna do things differently this year, but that comes with a cost.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

We made Richardson millions in that game alone. I can’t remember exactly but the dude didn’t pass for a touch down for another month or two after our game. He was trash and we made him look incredible.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

That’s the slow start stuff that worries me.

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

Cam, Kuithe, receivers whatever…

I’m 100% all in on the 2023-2024 being 100% on JJ. I think where he goes is where we go this year.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

I hope cam plays. But even more than that I hope any decision to have him play is sound. If he’s ready then let’s go. If he’s not then hold him. Hold him for two months if we need to. Just make the right decision for Cam the person and for the second half of the season.

Limpy Cam has a higher chance of getting reinjured and that’s disastrous for his hopes for trying to make the NFL. And Limpy Cam is not a good QB, see last year’s Oregon game.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Feels like we’re limping into this season