Florida game officiating crew?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Were the refs SEC refs? Sure seemed like a well-called game. Couldn’t have been Pac-12 refs!?!?!

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

I believe the commentators say they were from the SEC.

3 1

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Thank you Tony for helping me realize a silver lining in the collapse of the Pac 12!!

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Immmm. Sooooooo excited for the new reffing and a conference with high care factor end-to-end.

Sad not to have a couple blue blood teams every year to look forward to.

8 1

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

BUT, we’re stuck in the same conference w/the zoobs…..That alone overrides a lot of the positives.

6 1

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. 

Dallas
          Ute Fan
          @dallas

Really really really sucks to have no premier programs in the conference. We were on our way to a beautiful rivalry with SC. Such a disappointment.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Yes, that really sucks. The Big 12 is the only Power Conference without any traditional football power on its roster. Doesn’t bode well for future realignment. Utah has to jet from it at the earliest feasible opportunity.

belli1976
          Ute Fan
          @belli1976

Hate to rain on everyones parade.

But there are finite amount of college refs. The SEC and Big 10 are going to have to hire more refs. I would think that they are going to be able to poach the best refs from the Big12 and the 1 or 2 good refs from the PAC12.

I hope we dont get stuck with the PAC refs but I am skeptical.

Ute2
            Ute Fan
            @ute2

Pac refs with big12 training might do the trick.

Just leave mark duddy behind please.

Ute2
              Ute Fan
              @ute2

Day one of orientation needs a little video with some of the awful calls over the years that is titled, ‘Don’t do this s$&!.’

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

I’ll dry up the rain a little bit – the Big-12 uses CFO west officials, which is a consortium covering the Big-12, Mountain West, and Southland Conferences. Because of that, the “best” referees get promoted to officiate the Big-12 games and worst, lower. The Pac 12 officials are only for the Pac 12, so we were stuck with whatever garbage they had.

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

They will be managed differently and trained to align with the new conference interpretation of the rules. The over zealous targeting penalties will go away.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

It was a PAC12 crew in Gainesville last year. Which is why they missed Cam crossing the goaline for a TD, which they 1) didn’t review, and 2) curiously ESPN did not show the same replay angle that was shown once in the Swamp.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I liked that they didn’t review every damn play.
      The one they got wrong was because it was a call stands sort of call. You watch it live and it shouldn’t have been called a catch. That middle judge was awful all game. Including the early PI hook call.
      Overall though it was better than a P12 crew so I will take it.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

The reviewed call was one many of us expected to be overturned (including those of us at the stadium, and as I understand, the TV announcers) but very little chance had it been called incomplete that a review would have called it a catch. Overall a decently called game. Guys in stripes are human and make mistakes, but there weren’t as many as are made in some games. And it was nice to just watch the game unfold and not get bogged down in endless tedious reviews.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Florida game officiating crew?