Football Walk up entrance music

Viewing 9 reply threads

Andy
      Ute Fan
      @phatmanandy86

Super random I know, but I’m curious what everyone’s preferred choice of song is for when the team leaves the locker room to walk out to the field?

I love the Joker and the thief once they get to the field, but the music leading up to that leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.
      I love the “Enter Sandman” for the VT Hokies, would love to see something similar for our Utes.

2 4

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

I always thought this song would be great for the UTES to walk out to…

Limp Bizkit/Break Stuff

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Gods, no.

The last thing this world needs is any more Limp Bizkit. 

UteManX
      Ute Fan
      @utemanx

VT does it right. I have always thought that Avenged Sevenfold “Hail to the King” would be perfect for an entrance, on a similar note to Metallicas Enter Sandman that VT does. Get the crowd rowdy at the start and at about the 53 second mark the team runs out as the guitar riff kicks in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DelhLppPSxY 

Andy
        Ute Fan
        @phatmanandy86

Haven’t listened to Avenged Sevenfold in quite some time, but just listened to the link you posted. I could totally get down for that.

The music that currently plays while the team walks out doesn’t get the crowd clapping or anything. Everyone seems pretty quiet until the team walks out onto the field. I just would love to see the energy from a good walkup song carry over to when the team runs out.

4 1

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

Give us some Posty!
      Take what you want with Ozzy would be rad.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

The man has made Utah his home. He has really embraced this place. I say yes.

2 1

Zigziggler
      Ute Fan
      @zigziggler

Hey I appreciate all music. I just think that anything that gets the team and crowd ready to rip off heads is good! If you extended out that intro to Break Stuff it would be Epic!

3 1

Bubbles
      Ute Fan
      @genxute

Rage against the Machine.

Sir Potsdam
      Ute Fan
      @sirpotsdam

I’d like to hear the intro to Am I Evil by Metallica.

3 4

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Let’s see how many downvotes I can get here…

Any time a thread about walkout music starts, it gets quickly populated by suggestions from the genre of classic rock.

Walkout music is for the players, and most of our players are not 62-year-old white men. Most of them don’t know what Metallica even is.

For the sake of the players, I would go with “Pushin P” by Gunna/Future/Young Thug.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Not going to down vote, but will disagree.  The walk out is for the players but also to pump up the stadium and intimidate the opponent.  The elements to a good walkout song are 1. intesity 2. anthemic 3. usually something with a build.  Those components are more common is “rock” music but can be satisfied by hip hop.

If you don’t think the players at Nebraska are getting hyped by Alan Parson’s Sirius even though it is 50 years old I believe you would be mistaken.  But I have also opened the world of Alice in Chains and Tool to a bunch of the 20 somethings who work in my office.  Good tunes resonate.

Andy
        Ute Fan
        @phatmanandy86

I totally get what you are saying. I would argue though that the players would probably be more pumped up coming out to a loud and raucous crowd. They’ve already mentally prepared themselves by their headphones during warmups.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Crowd should be pumped up regardless of music. So if you’re going to do music, do something for the kids. It’s their moment…give them theirs.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Bro Hymn by Pennywise.  Especially, consider the loss of Ty and Aaron.

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

Keep it simple and clean… Here’s the background track,  then from the jumbo video board add in soundbites from  players and coaching of what could be called a battle cry, sprinkle in video clips of hard hits perfectly synced to the rhythym.  Everyone at this point will be ready. 

Andy
        Ute Fan
        @phatmanandy86

I like this too!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Football Walk up entrance music