From Bartle’s article on Singer:

Viewing 4 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Link “What stands out most about Singer and how he’s been evaluated is that he owned a 99.9 PFF grade on throws of 20+ yards in 2022 where he hauled in 14-of-25 throws for 512 yards and four touchdowns. Though he didn’t have the same amount of production this season, he was still evaluated similarly at USC with a 91.0 grade“

7 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

That is awesome. Like I said in the other Singer post, we’ll know for sure at the end of this year (assuming he stays healthy) if our WR issue is talent/scheme/coaching.

We know Singer is talented. We know he can catch the ball.

Another note – It will be great to have a legit deep threat on the team. That could help our run game in a very big way.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Something tells me our O Line is magically going to look a lot better too…

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Indeed. The opposing defense will spread out, and the gaps will increase. I like our chances.

12 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This is the most exciting WR transfer Utah has had since Carrington.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

That catch at the :42 mark damn!

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

Most interesting to me viewing these highlights is that he made plays against all of the bigs in the Pac-12 in 2022. I didn’t see anything against Utah but I did against everyone else. I think we have a player that if he gets man coverage, Rising will be looking for him.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

He had 1 catch for 9 yards in 2022. Not sure on the Targets. I want to say Utah put Phillips on him. Zona got thrashed in that game. Four fumbles five punts. Only had the ball 22 minutes. It was a beat down.

1 3

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

It’s a good start. We need more. We need a WR corps.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

I think we have a strong one:

-Singer
        -Parks
        -McClain
        -Pittman
        -Kuithe
        -Lyons
        -Caldarella
        -Zipperer
        -Mbanason
        -D Washington (Fr)

That’s quite a list and I’m missing one or two. If Washington and Lyons play up to potential we’ll have a highly competitive receiver room and easily an eight-man rotation. In fact, I think we’ll lose a few after spring. There are players on this list that need to eat – Kuithe, Singer, McClain and Parks, to name a few.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

If you’re including TEs, as you did with Kuithe, you have to mention Carsen Ryan and Landen King.

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @utebiquitous

I’m listing Kuithe because I think he’ll play all over the place and, in the end, may be considered more of a receiver than a tight end. That said, it’s absolutely correct to include Ryan and King. Utah has all kinds of playmakers in the pass game.

alUmnUs
              Ute Fan
              @alumnus

Sounds like KW confirmed this morning they still need to get more WRs. Makes sense.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football From Bartle’s article on Singer: