Glover is the best back today. Almost has 100 yards on 14 carries.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      9 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Good to see him be productive.

DocBuff
      Ute Fan
      @docbuff

He is OK
      He is sorta quick
      He is sorta fast
      He goes down too easy
      He hasn’t improved much
      Horrible in short yardage
      Left 2tds on the board inside the 10
      Would way rather see Vaki or Jackson get the ball in the red zone
      Poorly called game by Ludwig in the red zone

9 2

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Nah. Jackson was averaging less than 3 yards per carry until that last drive. He doesn’t run hard. I agree on Vaki, but I think he’s on a pitch count so you have to pick and choose where you use him.

Glover is over 6 YPC today vs Jackson’s 3.3

You’re going to sh++ on the OC with a 5th string QB. Damn, I wish you were in the booth to help him out.

DocBuff
          Ute Fan
          @docbuff

Inside the 10 with not many pass plays to choose from they should have gone wildcat with Jackson or Vaki
          Left too many points on the field
          One score game in 4th quarter
          Should not have been that close
          Luckily Utes were mistake free
          I like Ludwig
          Happy for the win

prestitute
            Ute Fan
            @prestitute

It was pretty clear early on that Utah wasn’t playing to win by a lot. We were just trying to get a lead and do what we needed to do. Given the state of the team, that seems wise. We were a turn over or 2 away from a loss. If you watched the throws Bottari did make, you could see how rusty he was. This was a win and call it kind of game.

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

I think we have seen big improvements in Glover in the 2nd half of the season. He has been a big bright spot, imo, especially compared to how he started the year.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

He’s finally developing into what we all hoped he would. I’m increasingly bullish in him for upcoming seasons.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

guys this is his best game but remember he did it against a p**s poor defense. be realistic.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Yes. And Colorado knew Utah was coming downhill every play and Glover did it while Jackson couldn’t because Jackson can’t cut.

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

JJ can’t cut because he’s hurt or can’t cut when he’s healthy?

prestitute
              Ute Fan
              @prestitute

I think because his ankle/leg are still banged up. We saw JJ’s heart but not full talent this year. He has been hurt basically all year. I expect him to be a lot better next year, especially with a credible threat to pass with Rising back there.

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

He has looked ok to pretty good for most of the second half of the season.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

When trying to shake off ankle problems, the first thing to return is straight line runs. Making sharp cuts return much later. I expect the bowl game is the first chance to seek Jackson as Jackson in some time.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Glover has all the tools… except explosiveness. He just doesn’t seem to be able to run “hard.”

He makes great moves in space, but he doesn’t seem to have any burst, and when he gets hit, its over.

If Glover has it in him, I’m happy to have him.

Any running back on our team that doesn’t have explosiveness needs to be shown the door IMO. It is inexcusable that Oregon State continually has explosive backs while we have… whatever it is we have.

NorthernUte
        Ute Fan
        @northernute24

Uh did you watch the game today?

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

No, I saw the highlights though. He played great. He still hasn’t shown explosiveness though. He has great moves, but he doesn’t run with passion or burst.

I’ll reserve judgment of his running ability for when he isn’t playing the worst run defense of all time.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

I’m happy with Glover now. He has extremely fast cuts and is decisive. He’s seeing his openings much better.

He doesn’t have the power running down yet but he’s got the body for it and it’s still early in his college career.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Glover is the best back today. Almost has 100 yards on 14 carries.