Good news…bad news

Viewing 3 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

It’s been a great week of practice…a pretty focused and excited group and as good as it’s been since camp broke.  Different feel without question and these players know they left something on the table last year and let it slip away.  I’m not sure there is a team that they want to beat more than the Huskies so I’d be very surprised if we didn’t come out focused, prepared and highly motivated to play our butts off on Sat.  

A little bad news in the WR group…Thompson’s hamstring is a mess.  Won’t be ready anytime soon and if I had to guess he’ll end up redshirting this year.  6-8 weeks easy so no help coming from him anytime soon.  Demari got banged up yesterday as well…thumb.  Not sure how serious (if at all) yet but I think we’ll see more of Enis this week.  Dixon too…Extremely fast and great ball skills on the deep throw as we’ve seen the past two weeks.  

Big game…can’t wait!

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Oof. Sucks to hear about WR injuries. Thompson was supposed to be a big help this year. But obviously his health is #1. Bummer about Simpkins, too. Thumbs are good for catching things, I hear. Hopefully between Covey, Mariner, Dixon, Enis, Nacua and the TEs, someone decides to step up.

Any word on Vickers? Someone else on the board brought him up, might he see some playing time with the injuries at WR?

Edit: thanks, as always, Onlyu!

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Vickers has struggled catching the ball and is just barely getting a grasp on the playbook.  Moss hasn’t practiced much so technically questionable…almost positive he’s playing though.  Bernard still running with the two’s.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Ugh. The idea of Moss not playing just gave me anxiety. Really wish we had DHC; I hope Shyne or Green can step up. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

sounds like a great opportunity for the WR formerly known as George Wilson to step it way up. Opportunity for Boyd to really show what he can do as well

jrj84105
        Ute Fan
        @jrj84105

Credit to Boyd for the catch, but he has zero breakaway speed.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Moss good to go? That ankle looked rough Saturday. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Good news…bad news