“Gremlins Baby!”

Viewing 5 reply threads

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Per Steve Smith Sr. Utah fans turn into “Gremlins” at RES at night. I think we lose a bit of that energy in day home games, sunlight kills Gremlins.

I don’t like 8:30pm November starts, but love the intimidation combination of dark + cold + gremlin. Hope we can produce something similar tomorrow and in future day games which we’ll maybe see more of going to the Big 12?

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

Yeah, not sure what it is about the night games. The day games can feel almost dead by comparison. I am not a fan of midday or morning start times.

I prefer the evening start times so the game bridges over into the night, but not the late night. 8:30pm starts are too late.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

Back in the day, we would play late start games until mid October then start 1PM games the rest of the year. I guess becoming a high tier football school comes with some compromises.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

They’re not in the afternoon, anymore!

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

And the players become monsters at night, LOL. (Don’t know what the ‘T’ on the pants is supposed to be, LOL.)

Utegator
      Ute Fan
      @utegator

I feel like the point of conference expansion is to get into the later game market so that the networks can get eyeballs all day with games.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Opponent is always going to matter for fan enthusiasm, no matter what time the game starts. Florida was a night game, Weber was day. I wouldn’t draw any conclusions so far this season.

However, I have noticed that my viewing habits and excitement levels are different watching the games this year. We’ve been stuck with night games for so many years that I’ve had to try a find a new gameday routine. I don’t have time for a round of golf in the morning, get some things done during the day and then tune into the game at night hoping to get to bed before midnight.

At the same time, I remember years ago when all the games were noon or 1pm starts and being able to generate plenty of enthusiasm. So I think it comes down to not being used to day games instead of any intrinsically better by playing at night. If NFL games played during the day can be raucous, I don’t think college should be any different.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football “Gremlins Baby!”