Have to post this

Viewing 6 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

I know it was one persons opinion, but I can’t let it go.

That coach who has zero credibility, is having, IMO his best coaching job of his career this year!

Go Utes, Duck Hinting Season!!

6 10

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

The credibility comment was about injuries and who would be available week to week. It had nothing to do with his coaching ability which has been continuously lauded this year as in previous.

4 2

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Whitt’s 6-1 against a strong schedule…and you’re nitpicking about credibility of injury reporting. Well f**k, I guess Whitt should go get a medical degree, become a surgeon, so he can satisfy the credibility of injury reporting more accurately. What would have been more helpful, is if Cam and his surgeon would have been more transparent earlier on, then Whitt and Lud could have made off-season contingency plans.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

That’s quite the pretzel logic. Head football coach and his medical staff apparently had no idea of the nature of star QB’s injury until it was released on a radio interview 9 months later. I guess it’s a good thing the info “slipped” out or the star QB and his doctor could have continued lying to Head football coach and his medical staff in perpetuity and they would never have been the wiser.

You do realize that the argument Whitt didn’t know is worse than him getting the expected return wrong? Don’t you?

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I don’t recall ever hinting at a duck.

7 3

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Was it credibility or accountability, as there are some on here who are convinced Daddy Whittingham owes them answers on everything?

5 10

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

For me it was credibility. Whitt didn’t have to tell us that Rising was splitting reps, or that he would be back at any time this season. Once he did, it is legitimate to judge the outcome. Just like it would be with any Head Coach in any sport. Whitt understands criticism comes with the position, even if it isn’t always justified.

Why do people on this board think that only criticisms they agree with are allowed?

4 2

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

Educate yourself. Whit was just sharing what he had been told.

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

You can keep sharing those criticisms and Daddy Whittingham can keep making you look silly.

There’s never not been a “fire-KW” crowd that act as if he’s in over his head when what they think they see on the field isn’t perfection. After everything he’s done there are always detractors who think there’s a better coach out there that will swoop in and take Utah to the moon, at which point those same people will be upset he’s not taking us to Mars.

And then they act incredulous when they get called out for being so damn bratty.

So sorry that it has to be pointed out that KW knows what the f*** he’s doing.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have disagreed with some of Whitt’s secrecy policies. I believe I can still be a big fan of his and disagree with him from time-to-time.

I do agree that this season “may” end up being his best ever because of what the staff has done with so many injuries. We may not have always won pretty, but Whitt obviously does not care about style points. As a fan, it is fun to see us putting up 500 yards and scoring 50 points, but to Whitt, a one-point win is still a win.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think most of the distractions will be resolved at the end of the season.
      Do you think Utah beats Cal and USC if they are still splitting QB reps three ways during game prep week?
      None of us will really know what happened there were still people thinking Rising was going to suit up for the SC game.

Considering the decisions made to depend on Risings ability to heal faster than any other athlete in history with that type of injury. Whitt did a great job in figuring it out finally and going with the guy that works. Moving Vaki is downright silly but isn’t without precedent for those of us that remember Weddle.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

First, Whitt told us years ago he does not like to give opponents heads up on player status before games. Maybe we should have heard that and accepted that.

Next, it is very likely that some recoveries have not gone as planned or as indicated at points during the process.

Last, I have no issue with putting some practice time into the best possible case scenario. That positions you for a home run if the stars align.

It then becomes like a girlfriend, once you get to know the package it may be best to accept it or move on. Myself, I like discussion but each of us will want to move on at different points of repetition.

Currently, only Washington has managed to not let one slip away. They are the last to lose one but I expect they soon will. That leaves 5 teams all chasing the top two spots. Az and UCLA desperately want to see those teams collect a second loss to get them into the game. In the end, tie breakers will be impactful. Given our challenges this year, it is awesome Whitt has us positioned this well for the end run. I get the criticism, but if we were in Washington’s spot with a game lead and expectations still intact, I think we would all be fine. If so, maybe part of the angst is seeing a very special season slip back to a good season.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

Good post Charlie. The last two games with Barnes being the “only” qb and getting the reps and game plan around him has made a huge difference. The two qb plan doesn’t work. Especially when they have different strengths.

I can see now why Whitt had confidence that Barnes could fill in a few games. I’m sure he might have thought differently if he knew Cam would not be back.

With portal NIL and the entitlement of 4-5 * high school kids coaches are in a no win situation. All of us armchair coaches are allowed to give our takes and advice but I doubt Whitt reads this board to make tough decisions.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Have to post this