Hawaii's Jankovic Can Transfer and Play Immediately

Viewing 6 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Due to sanctions on Hawaii’s prgram next year, Jankovic (Big West POY) can transfer and play immediately. 6’11” Forward averaged 15.8 paints 6.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game. Does Utah have room to take him?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Don’t know.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Cut Wright I have said that a few times lately.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Was Wright a JuCo tranfer with 2 year eligibility? If so he has 1 left and so does
        Jankovic. I would definitely make that swap.

Check that, it was Bealer who was a JuCo transfer from San Francisco Community College where his coach sold him as Delon Wright II. Sorry, he’s not. I’d dump his last year for Jankovic.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

If I had to choose between I Wright and Bealer I’d go with Bealer.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Wright was a Boise St recruit and Mr Idaho I think. He was a frosh last season I think. So he has two to play.

Anonymous
      Inactive

When I was at the PAC 12 Championship game against Oregon, I saw this new kid come in and asked my brother who it was. It was Wright. I was shocked at how much he played during that games. I guess Larry was concerned about fatigue with his starters? Wright did not do much offensively. I think he finally scored during garbage time when Oregon had their scrubs in.

I also saw Bealer get some playing time. My god that kid needs to put on some bulk. He didn’t do much either.

Either of those guys are expendable. Do they have to honor 4 year scholarship commitments?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Ogbe was out pretty much all year too. Really could have used him, or a human body with a pulse in his place.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I checked on the recruiting class and we have 1 LOI and 2 openings with 4 offers out. Forward is a big need as is Point Guard. This Jankovic kid would fill an immediate need. They should be all over this Jankovic kid. You don’t become Conference POY by playing inconsistent.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

We are pretty deep at that position (Kuzma, Collette, Chapman, perhaps Johnson) but he would be a huge addition to our frontcourt.

Who do you move to get him? Probably Reyes.

We desperately need an athletic, big wing with a great outside shot. Who can we find for that role?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah making Reyes tske Olsen’s personnel position and getting that Yankovich kid would be a huge improvement. Reyes’ playing time shrank considerably and he still can’t make put backs.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Reyes struggled with the 1-footer this year.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Damn, he would be a great addition. I’ll never be in favor of dropping a player to add another. Sends the wrong message to players I think. A school should stand by is commitment to the player as well.

That said, I could see a player transferring if they think they won’t get much playing time.

That said he is probably destined for a east coast school.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Hawaii's Jankovic Can Transfer and Play Immediately