Herby says Utes will lose with or without Cam Rising

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He says that UCLA is the overlooked PAC12 team. He thinks that this year they have a very good defense to go with their electric offense.

I don’t know how he knows UCLA has a good defense. Maybe they do, but they have not played anyone. I do think that UCLA has a very good offense. Chip Kelly went out and found replacements for the offensive stars that he lost. Utah’s defense will be tested today and we likely will not get the help of our offense keeping the D off the field.

This will be a big win if we can pull this off today without 4 of our offensive stars.

Go Utes!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What does he know anyway?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

They are a ESPN owned I mean big 10 team soon. Gotta talk them up.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I am not going to throw Herby under the bus. He has generally been good to Utah. I think he has seen that UCLA is rolling right now and Utah has not found their offense yet.

We will see if our defense is for real today. If we hold UCLA to less than 350 yards – I think we win.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yards won’t matter. They generally don’t with Scalley..Whitt coaches defense.
            Primarily it will be Turnovers and points off turnovers. Especially with two freshman and good defenses. I have more confidence in Utahs defense because they have already proven themselves. fUCLA defense. Ok sure they played the schedule in front of them.

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

Herbstreit isn’t fool-proof….He’s been wrong before….We’re a lot tougher at home & a lot tougher defensively than the nation realizes.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Yeah, listen, no one that saw UCLA’s game at home against a mediocre Coastal Carolina team can claim the Bruins to be any sort of juggernaut. If it wasn’t for Coastal missing a couple of FGs and turnovers, that game would have been a lot closer than the two score game it ended. With Herby’s prediction, once again we have an instance of hype over substance. Yeah, Moore is good but he’s never played a defense of Utah’s caliber, is not what you would call an elusive runner, has played the equivalent of two college games, and, due to his youth, doesn’t have full command of UCLA’s playbook. I’ll be very unpleasantly surprised if Utah’s defense isn’t able to rattle him and good.

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

That’s what people said about UCLA last year as they beat an FCS team by the skin of their teeth at home. UCLA then went on to beat Utah. Anything can happen and previous games don’t always determine the outcome of future games.

D T
                  Ute Fan
                  @azute1

DTR wasn’t a true frosh in his first game in a hostile environment against an elite D.

Last year is nothing like this year.

Central Coast Ute
                    Ute Fan
                    @flip2848

Very true. I’m not saying the Utes don’t have advantages, I just don’t think UCLA is as bad as people on this site are trying to claim. I hope I’m wrong. I would love to see them go limping off to the B1G.

The Miami Ute
                      Ute Fan
                      @themiamiute

I’m not saying that UCLA is a bad team. I am saying that they’re not better than last year. And how could they be? They’ve lost an elite QB, an elite RB, and an elite WR just on offense. Have they reloaded, possibly, but the jury is still out. We’ll certainly know more after this game, though the fact the Utah is still missing a lot of key contributors might provide a false positive on UCLA’s status.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Utah is going to a mostly ESPN conference while UCLA is going to an almost exclusive Fox conference outside of a few NBC games. The B1G will have 0 games on ESPN.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Excuse me. Disney. Owned by Disney.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Not trying to pick on you Eagle, but Disney owns 21st Century Fox, not Fox Sports. Fox Sports and ESPN are separate entities. Herby has no reason to say that other than he thinks that.

Northendzone Ute5
          Ute Fan
          @northendzoneute5

Wrong network. Big10 is on Fox.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

It’s impossible for Herby to know how good UCLA is tbh. I doubt he’s watched a single one of their games. He’s probably just seen like 20 minutes of highlights and checked the box score of the games. Hell, it’s impossible for everyone to know how good they are since they’ve played 3 nobodies.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

Hans did some nice twitter breakdowns of UCLA vs SDSU. Pointed out that SDSU was REALLY bad, so difficult to know how UCLA performed.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

San Diego State lost to Boyzee State today 34-31.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Herbie Hanc**k?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Herby says Utes will lose with or without Cam Rising