Hey look a depth chart

Viewing 5 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

My surprises: Hubert over Isbell, Gabe Reid not on 2 deep, no Calvert bro on 2 deep, Noyes over Redding, Barnes over JJ, Vele at PR

Utah depth chart is out. Bryson Barnes gets the nod at QB2. pic.twitter.com/KwB9FpkxBS
      — Josh Newman (@Joshua_Newman) August 29, 2022

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Didn’t Whitt say a depth chart wouldn’t be released?

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Media covering the game probably require a depth chart.  That said, no requirement that it be accurate.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Not sure how to feel about Vele returning punts from an injury standpoint. He’s as crucial as Kuithe if we’re serious about the deep-ball threat.

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

Punt return is about catching the ball first and foremost. Any yards after catch is gravy.

Covey was a unicorn

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I thought the same thing.  Why do we want a 6’5″ punt returner?  I would prefer Money Parks back there or Dixon for punts.  You need someone with quickness and twitch.  Plue Vele is crucial to our receiving success this season.  

S.CarolinaUte
          Ute Fan
          @s-carolinaute

When talking punt returner Coach said it best “First priority is to catch the ball”  I’m surprised every year when it comes to good wr who have problems catching punts. Personally with our Special teams,  Give me someone who can catch it with defense coming in your face over someone with moves afterwards.

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

If that is the case then yes but shouldn’t you be able to recruit a WR or DB that has experience catching punts in high school?  I just don’t like seeing a 6’5″ target out their isolated catching punts.  

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Here’s a local version of it so you don’t have to visit an external website:

2022 Utah Football Depth Chart

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Lander Barton starting. That guy must be crushing it.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I like this. The Bartons are amazing football players. 

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I’m surprised at the OR on running back. I would think that TT was THE guy

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Utes are STACKED at RB. Pretty amazing when you consider Tavion had a record setting year last season.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
        Ute Fan
        @thirtyfour-thirtyone

I wonder if that is mostly about keeping guys motivated, and especially keeping the fire lit under Thomas.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I think that’s basically based on what the first offensive play call will be. My non professional coach theory. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Special teams shake-up — selecting the new guys except for holder.  Hopefully the blocking schemes for ST have been addressed.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hey look a depth chart