How did YOU become a Utah fan?

Viewing 2 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Borrowing this from another board where I used this question to get a thread back on track. But I thought it’d be fun to do over here to.

How did you become a Ute fan?

Alumni? Neighborhood? Family?

I’ll start.

I grew up in a BYU household.
      At first I went to SLCC, but then transferred to the U.
      I was a non-traditional student, attending part-time when I could. I got accepted into the Computer Science program, but they definitely did not have a curriculum schedule that was doable as a non-traditional student, so I changed my major to Economics.
      In late 2006 my job situaton was such that I said “screw it” and took a year off to finish my Bachelors. For the entire 2007 calendar year I went more than full time up on campus as a traditional student, and graduated in December of 2007.
      Taking a year to be a traditional student and get it done really made me fall in love with the school. The campus, the environment, the Union, the library, the attitude, my fellow students… everything. And the sports. Definitely the sports.
      I loved it so much that when it was time for me to get my MBA (Executive program), I chose the U even though I could have gotten into a lot of other really good programs (710 on the GMAT). Attending the BYU program was inconceivable, and USU, Weber, and Westminster just didn’t feel right to me. I even considered the Penn weekend program out of San Francisco, as well as the Columbia-Berkeley program. But I just couldn’t see myself paying more than twice as much as what I’d pay at the U for an Executive MBA program that was rapidly rising in the ranks. Now, I look back and I’m so ridiculously glad that I stayed at Utah.
      Getting my second degree from Utah more than affirmed what I already knew – that I was a Utah Man through and through.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My dad attended the U during Vietnam he was also in the Army reserves. His Dad had him late in life so he quit school to take care of him. Sports were huge to him and he attended the Huntsman center regularly. When I was growing up he had season tickets. The nights he would take me instead of my Mom or get an extra ticket were some of my best memories growing up. I was the youngest kid in my family and loved to stay up late and watch the games.

My favorite memory was when I was a teenager and watching Wake Forest Vs Utah. Tim Duncan vs Van Horn that was an amazing game and I remember a few bad calls down the stretch but it was a tough game. Even though Utah loss I remember thinking what an amazing game.

Utah athletics and being with my Dad are  my best memories growing up.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My dad missed my birth. He was at a Utah football game.  I’ve been going to FB and BB since I was a little kid (a looooong time ago).

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How did YOU become a Utah fan?