How did you guys feel about the officiating last night?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Overall I thought it was pretty good. I was actually a little surprised they didn’t call a late hit on Blackmon (?) on Wilson when he slid. I’ve seen it called on much less.

Was I the only one who thought the left side of the BYU O-line jumped early all night?

Oh, and the facemask on Moss was bush league. That’s called a stiff arm.

ProvoUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @provoutefan

I wondered if the no-call on that was because Wilson hesitated before he slid. Almost like a ‘fake slide’ before the slide.

And I was yelling at the tv about the false starts on byu’s left tackle.

gothamute
        Ute Fan
        @gothamute

Yes. Wilson fakes the slide a lot. Refs made the correct no-call in the two times I can remember where it “looked” at full speed like it could have been a borderline penalty. When he does that fake he’s not giving himself up and remains a live target, but it forces the refs to be on top of the call. If either had drawn a flag it would have been overturned upon review. Pretty clear both times.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yes, he faked the slide, took a couple more steps, then slid.  If a player fakes the start of the slide they should either be whistled down right there or they should be fair game for hits anytime afterward.

I know they could call holding on virtually any play, but Anae was getting held a lot, and even tackled on one play, and there were few calls.

Overall a good officiating job, though.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I saw the same thing with BYU’s offensive line.

I think the deal with Moss was that he pulled his face mask down.

overall, the officiating was not too bad IMO. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Compared to PAC12 officiating I’ve seen over the last few years, I thought it was phenomenal.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How did you guys feel about the officiating last night?