How will Deivon Smith perform under Rick Pitino?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

The biggest jump for Deivon under Crag Smith was that his 3p% went from high 20’s to middle to low 40’s. A pretty great improvement. I wonder if he’ll see that continued improvement under Pitino or if it will regress. Will be interesting to see what he can at St John’s.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m still trying to figure out where Saint John’s got the money to attract Smith. For example, it’s a much smaller school than Utah and its endowment is 2/3 of what Utah has. Maybe money wasn’t the deciding factor and what really weighed heavily was the possibllity of playing for a HoF coach that’s put a ton of guys into the NBA?

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Just found this. It’s likely the money.

billionaire-st-johns-alum-doing-whatever-it-takes-for-basketball-program

The sad part is, Utah had its billionaire supporter in John Huntsman Sr. At a time when the NCAA restricted his resources. Too bad.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I think the needed distinction is between the size of a school’s endowment and the amount of money available for basketball (or sports). In other words, size is not everything, it is how you use it. <that’s what she said>

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Also, Saint John’s is an old school Big East power, so in sure they have that appeal along with boosters.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) How will Deivon Smith perform under Rick Pitino?