How’s everyone feeling about the Arizona game?

Viewing 8 reply threads
      1 2

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

UA is a tougher matchup than UW, and they’re playing some spirited football, but I’m oddly confident about tomorrow. Fifita is good, but he’s no Penix or Bo. We will keep them below 25, and our O has improved enough to score ~28-30. What’re your gameday eve thoughts / predictions?
      Go Utes!!!

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Sooooooo, I know Arizona is on a roll but I’m not sure how they are a tougher match? Utah was 8 point dog last week. Tomorrow it’s 1. I’m much more confident in us flustering Fifita than Penix and his probably 2 NFL wrs. Anyway, Washington is in the CFP conversation for a reason.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Not saying UA is better than UW, but UW had 2-3 uninspired games leading up to our game, whereas UA has been trending up. UW has a better O, but UA has a much better D than UW. And UA also has some legit WRs in McMillan, Cowing, etc. But I agree that our D will get to Fifita. And our O will also do enough to get a win.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

In my opinion, if we can run the ball and control the clock, we win. If not, and we have a bunch of 3 and outs and our defense gets winded, it could be rough.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Utah by 10 34-24
      Arizona has been beating up in the bottom half of the Pac12 during their four game win streak.
      Utah is the best D they will have faced all year. Fifta is not a mobile QB Utah will have at least 5 sacks and a couples picks.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

They played 5 ranked teams in 6 weeks. How is that beating up on the bottom half of the league?

G Date School Opponent Pts Opp W L Streak
        1 Sep 2, 2023 Arizona Northern Arizona W 38 3 1 0 W 1
        2 Sep 9, 2023 Arizona @ Mississippi State L 24 31 1 1 L 1
        3 Sep 16, 2023 Arizona UTEP W 31 10 2 1 W 1
        4 Sep 23, 2023 Arizona @ Stanford W 21 20 3 1 W 2
        5 Sep 30, 2023 Arizona (7) Washington L 24 31 3 2 L 1
        6 Oct 7, 2023 Arizona @ (9) USC L 41 43 3 3 L 2
        7 Oct 14, 2023 Arizona @ (19) Washington State W 44 6 4 3 W 1
        8 Oct 28, 2023 Arizona (11) Oregon State W 27 24 5 3 W 2
        9 Nov 4, 2023 Arizona (20) UCLA W 27 10 6 3 W 3
        10 Nov 11, 2023 (23) Arizona @ Colorado W 34 31 7 3 W 4

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

WSU and UCLA were obviously overrated.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

*cough* Oregon State is also crazy overrated. *cough*

AZUTE
              Ute Fan
              @azute

Jesus do you people need everything explained literally.

UCLA, Washington St, & Colo are all in the bottom half of the Pac12.

I thought it went without saying OSU is not.

So to help you all out. 75% of there 4 game winning streak or 3 games have been against the lower half of the league while 1 game or 25% has not. That 1 being Oregon St.

Does that help explain my position better?

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

Yo! I’m on your side. I’m saying that Arizona beating OSU isn’t this big feat because OSU is wildly over ranked. They another example of why you schedule down and wins are more important than substance.

I wouldn’t be shocked if OSU ends the year 0-2.

I agree with you.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Would you like to revisit this prediction?

kmc165
      Ute Fan
      @kmc165

All depends on if our defense shows up or not

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’d say it all depends on if we can effectively run the ball. If we can, we score 28+.

Arizona ain’t scoring that much.

If we can run the ball effectively, we score 14-20 and it’s a much closer game.

Utephoria
        Ute Fan
        @utephoria

Oregon State is Jekyll and Hyde. They are unbeatable at the beaver dam (home) but struggle on the road, even with marginal schools like Colorado. I wonder if it is because they miss the chain saw action when they score on the road.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Confident!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I was just logging on to ask the same question! It was seeming a little quiet 🤫 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

If our defense plays as well as they can, I think we rough Fifita up and get a relatively comfortable win.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Playing against that defense isn’t easy after a loss. Depends on which offense Ludwig wants to roll out.

1 3

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

I hope I’m wrong but I think we drop this one. Our defense will keep it close but I don’t see our offense pulling their weight.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

if we use vaki more on offense this game , I like our chances .. regardless I think we pull this one out with a win

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

I don’t think UofA has an advantage on us in terms of personnel that UO and UW did. This is the type of team Utah often wallops because they do have weaknesses. I don’t think we blow them out, and we could definitely lose, but I have Utah by 10 at 34-24.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How’s everyone feeling about the Arizona game?