Huntley

Viewing 6 reply threads

tysonbrown22
      Ute Fan
      @tysonbrown22

Any updates or insider info. on Huntley?  I know I saw a post a few days ago about the possibility of him being out 2-3 weeks.  Just looking to see if anybody had heard additonal info. 

I think Troy is serviceable, but I do not believe he is in the same league as Huntley after watching them both play.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Injuries are tough to get a good read on. Coaches play everything close to the chest and there are HIPAA issues/player’s rights to privacy which I’m sure play a big part as well.

I think we’ve likely heard everything we’re going to hear until Whitt says he’s back in the lineup. 

Minneapolitan_Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minneapolitanute

More like we won’t know more until he trots on the field under center at the start of a game.  Whitt won’t confirm he’s playing ahead of time.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Yup. Also that. 

1 8

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m leery of Huntley coming back this year. He’s too small and needs to add weight. Gunther said it on his show yesterday, Tyler was hurt after one and one-half quarters in his first PAC12 game, on a routine sack. If our coaches have learned nothing from the Jordan Wynn debacle then they should play him until he’s dead (which would be after one full game against the likes of Stanford or USC). If they have learned, then rehab him and add weight this year so that he doesn’t get killed.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

The difference between Wynn and Huntley is that Huntley is a sophomore, not a true freshman like Wynn was.

How much extra weight can Huntley realistically gain?  I’m not sure 5-10 lbs is really going to make a difference.  You play the QB that gives you the best chance to win.  Huntley is way better than Williams and should play if healthy.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I mean… I guess you can say the same thing about Kylie Fitts? Does he also need to put more weight on? Football is a sport where weird injuries can happen. Someone comes down on your ankle…not your fault….you get tackled and come down on your shoulder weird…also not your fault.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If he plays again this year he will last about 3-4 series, at most, before being knocked out for the season.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

That’s conjecture, not a fact.

8 1

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

The type of hit he took would have injured just about anyone let alone a QB…10-15 lbs wouldn’t have made much difference.  If Gunther said that was a routine sack he’s probably got to take another look…caught from behind and slammed down on his shoulder in a prone position with his arm across his body…has nothing to do with durability.  That’s an injury to 8 or 9 out of 10 QB’s.  He will play again sooner than later and be productive for a lot more than 3-4 series this year and beyond.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Alright guys. I’d be thrilled beyond words to be wrong about this. I’m just concerned about Huntley first and foremost, and the health of our program at the most important position on the field.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Taysom Hill is 6`2′ 225 lbs of muscle and it didnt help him. Huntley just needs to be as careful as possible and have some luck.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wow. The twats are out tonight.

WhoAmISir
        Ute Fan
        @whoamisir

What was observed at Monday’s practice:

Fitts – in a boot with cruches 

Anea – in a boot no cruches

Huntley – not seen

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

Yikes. Granted, a good amount of time to heal between Monday and Stanford, but those two are needed muchly. We already saw Arizona attack those spots when they went out of the game. 

7 1

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Why do you say that? Because people have the audacity to disagree with you, and do so in a civil and respectful manner?

Perhaps you should look at the strength and certainty behind your statements. Your opinions are very strong – which is fine, they’re yours, and you should have them – but don’t expect everyone to agree with you simply because they are that strong.

People that get butt-hurt over down-votes really shouldn’t. Up- and Down-votes are just someone agreeing or disagreeing. If you offer a controversial or unpopular opinion, you should expect down-votes. But don’t take them personally. It’s not like anyone’s judging your character and down-voting you because they think you’re an awful person. It’s just because they happen to disagree with that particular post. (Unless you’re ladyinred, in which case you have/had a stalker that just wanted to be a jerk.)

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

The ladyinred stalker is no longer stalking.

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

My counter stalking and zingers really got to him. *Brushes off shoulder*

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.