I am not interested in a political conversation

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, I wanted to make an observation and read your thoughts.

The two P5 conferences that eliminated fall football come from mostly blue states and the three P5 conferences that did not eliminate fall football come from mostly red states.

The ACC is a mix of states that include blue states, but the majority of the schools come from red states.  The SEC is almost all red as well as the Big 12.  The eight original schools in the Pac 12 are from dark blue states and the majority of the Big 10 schools are blue in blue states.

I am not saying it is right or wrong to postpone football this fall.  I was just thinking about it yesterday and I found it interesting that the conferences made up of mostly blue states have canceled football and the red state conferences have not.

As for me – I would love to have a football season, but I don’t see any conference making it through an entire season becauser there will be cases at some schools.

The NBA has done a good job of keeping everything in a bubble.  That is not possible for college football.

Go Utes!!!

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Makes sense. Rightist/libertarian views tend to fall into the self-reliance, bootstraps, wary of government camp. Leftist views tend to fall into the trust of and reliance on government camp.

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

Well said.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m mostly just trying to figure out how one would even begin to engage in a discussion around that particuar topic without bringing politics into it.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

77 false positive tests in the NFL. They are across the country to. Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Cleveland. I find that really interesting.

My buddy also told me that he has been watching Hard Knocks and wondered why the testing method isn’t as aggressive. The deep nasal swab is supposed to induce the gag reflex and make your eyes water. The testing method produces more cell collection on the swab. Video I found:

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

First I believe it’s political. Second, I believe it allowed the universities to sidestep the coup the players were forming thinking they had the conference by the short hairs. Wrong!

#BigTenUnited

#WeAreUnited

I also think there are some universities that want to de-emphasize scholarship sports. This could be the beginning of many schools dropping athletics and alliances or conferences being formed from schools that choose to keep the status quo.

The Pac-12 players boldly stated the desire for 50% revenue cut. University athletics do practically nothing in terms of contributing to the bottom line and in a lot of cases cost the universities money. A concept completely lost on the players. I think some schools have simply had enough and see this as a way to extinguish athletics and be done with the circus.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc I am not interested in a political conversation