I had higher hopes for this team

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, our defense is just not very good.  Against OSU we had 4 PIs and that was great, but outside of that, we did not stop them.  Add to that – UCLA’s play calling was amazing.  They mixed it up and exploited our weaknesses.

I think our offense did good but missed some good opportunities.  We got nearly 500 yards and passed and ran well.  

I am not trying to be a downer, because it’s just a football game.  However, I think this team will be lucky to win 8 games.  This defense will cost us some games.

Regardless, I will remain a loyal Ute.  I hope Scalley can figure something out, but I am not optimistic that he will this season.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I think we need to re-evaluate the type of D we play with the current players.  Trying to bring pressure the way we did today did nothing but get us gashed for huge plays repeatedly.  Scalley most definietly has a difficult task of trying to figure out how to re-tool from here.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Scalley is stubborn.  He doesn’t really adjust much half to half, game to game, year to year.  See 2019 USC and Oregon games.

UtesRock
          Ute Fan
          @utahrockon

Decade to decade, just had a mimosa! Pain is lessening. 🥹

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

agree.  when 4 down linement aren’t getting it done, drop 8 for hell’s sake.  his blitzes did NOTHING.  i am so p**sed at scalley right now.  his inability to adjust is telling.  

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

I dont understand how anyone who watched the florida game had high hopes for this team. I reallt dont

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Everyone, including the press, had higher expectations. I wondered how the defense would be after losing Lloyd. I think he covered a lot of ground in terms of helping out other players. 

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

You were right to be concerned earlier this week.  I hope this was an off game, but it could be that we were just exposed.  We’ll find out.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I had higher hopes for this team