I hope Fesi Sitake doesn’t go to BYU

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Many news outlets are reporting that Fesi Sitake (OC at Weber) is a leading candidate for the BYU OC job.  

I have known Fesi since he was 5 years old when his family moved into our neighborhood.  He was good friends with my younger sons.  He spent a lot of time at our house because there were 30 Tongans living in his house.  Fesi is a great guy.  I don’t want him to go to BYU for two reasons.  First I don’t like BYU, but more importantly it could ruin his career.  I don’t see BYU getting better anytime too soon and I think Kilani will be fired.  Fesi would then be out of a job with nowhere to go.  

There has been a lot of speculation as to how Fesi and Kilani are related.  They are first cousins.  Their dads are brothers.  I know Fesi and his family well.  Kilani’s family did not live in the house in our neighborhood, but many of his uncles and cousins and his grandpa did.  Great family.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Great, how hard will it be to fire his cousin next time he needs a scapegoat to placate the AD and coug faithful?

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

It’ll be interesting to see who they hire.

The new OC has basically 1 year to win or else the whole staff could be let go, which would be terrible for the career of an up and comer. And, byu isn’t exactly known for paying market rate for coaches. So if Sitake goes outside his circle for an established G5 OC he has to convince a guy to come to Provo and immediately produce with the players available (ie, s**t wide receivers and broken QBs). Add to that only 2 months to recruit any areas of need. That’s a lot of risk for a coach to assume for likely not much more money.

Then, they have to play at Arizona, at Utah, at Wisconsin, at Boise State, at Washington, NIU, and Cal. That’s a tough row to hoe if you’re looking for bowl eligibility. 

IMO this limits their pool to A-rod, Snow’s HC, Fesi and not much more. There are some good G5 OC’s out there that byu could possible pay more, but who would want to leave stability to go coach for a staff that might not make it past next season?

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

I can’t imagine they’ll be able to get anyone decent.

Kalani: “Here are the benefits and perks of being my OC: We offer low pay and poor benefits. All I’m asking of you is to return us to being an offensive juggernaut with little talent and recruiting classes ranked in the 70s. Our stakeholders (the fans) only expect 10 wins a year and 500 passing yards per game. Plus you get to work for me, even though I’m in way over my head and have no clue what I’m doing.”

Come on…who wouldn’t want a job like that?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I think the fans expect to beat Utah. The hard thing for them is it will be the end of the year on the road. But if it happens Sitake will stay. 

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

Lol. Before the season last year, I wasn’t sure if Utah would beat tds. Same with this year. I am 10000% confident that, based on what both teams have returning next year, Utah will absolutely smoke tds like 54-10 style in 2018. And probably also 2019. It will be a bloodbath.

Please feel free to mark this post and return to it in a year so you can all pat me on the back on the great prediction. =)

leftyjace
              Ute Fan
              @leftyjace

<self poof>

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

It should be that way every year however hasn’t been. I believe it is the HC that causes it to be close. He  doesn’t let the team play as loose because he never wants to lose to those bastards again. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I could see Arod getting better but not great production. They could have a great power run with Ula if their OL wasn’t so soft. I think they’ll need to start from there and build up. BYU’s bigger problem is their fans are entitled children who want to win like they did in the WAC but against top shelf teams.

Ultimately, I think this will cost the AD’s job as well as the coaches’.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I don’t think they can hire anyone better at both positions. So good news all around. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hope Fesi Sitake doesn’t go to BYU