I hope we didn’t wait too long

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have stayed out of the conference realignment discussion, for the most part, just waiting to see where we would land. I was confident we would land in a good place. But, now things have blown up. I hope our administration has played the right cards and didn’t wait too long in responding to the Big12.
      What do I know? Rumors have been rampant and 98% of them proved to be false. I know that a group of BYU fans who despise Utah have rallied online to make us look bad. I have seen it personally. Also, a small minority of Utah fans who are idiots have made us look bad by their extreme arrogance and BYU hatred.
      We also know that the PAC12 is now toast. It is sad but it is a fact. I hope we didn’t wait too long to get an invite to the Big12. I hope Harland and others have been playing this smart behind the scenes and we are okay.
      BUT, you know what – regardless of what happens, I will remain a loyal Ute fan.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Oklahoma news reporting Colorodo already jumped ship and Arizona teams joining 2024.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Colorado is leaving??

Matt
          Ute Fan
          @mgparker

Where have you been?  Colorado left a week and a half ago.  Hope this is sarcasm.

3 1

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Do you have a link to that Colorado news?

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

It concerns me that public meeting information has been posted by the Arizona BOR (who represents boht AZ and ASU) and the Washington BOR with both meetings taking place tonight.  Obviously they are discussing and moving quickly. Has a Utah BOR meeting been scheduled?  Nope, nothing, crickets.

MauchDawgUte
        Ute Fan
        @mauchdawgute

Waiting for that Big10 info lol 😂

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

The Utah BOR is not required for Utah to jump. President Randall can make that decision unilaterally. Don’t make too much of that.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Apparently the B12 is either adding 1 or 3, but not 2. Which makes sense. They need an even number of teams. If both AZ schools, go, so is Utah.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I fully believe Utah is a Big12 target and has an invitation. McMurphy, Forde, Thamel, and Dellenger have all said as much within the last few days. These guys are too credible for it to not be true. 

So, if we don’t make it in, then it’s safe to say the UofU admins f*cked up badly.

I can’t let myself believe they are that dumb. Harlan is getting way too much attention for his “give me a break” comment. He is not a decision-maker. It’s the University President, Taylor Randall and his board that holds the keys.

Don’t let Twitter craziness get to you. It’s not real life and doesn’t impact a single thing. 

SaltLakeRyan
      Ute Fan
      @saltlakeryan

Nah, Utah didn’t wait too long, they played their cards right, they offered resounding public support for the Pac, didn’t jump ship immediately, gave it all a shot to work out, and I commend the leadership up on the hill for doing all of this.

However, the time is nigh, the conference is crumbling beneath their feet and you have to believe that despite best efforts to show a strong face during the Pac meltdown they know that the best interests of the athletic programs (notably the football program) means taking care of #1.

Utes to the B12 by this time next week – if not sooner.

A new land to conquer beckons.

A three-peat followed by a move to greener pastures is on the horizon.

Onward and upward baby!

1 2

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

Does anyone know what’s holding us up from making our move to the Big12? Colorado is already gone. Word is that Arizona is approved and that Oregon and Washington are headed to the B1G. Reports also say that ASU is struggling to get approved due to their President Michael Crow arrogantly trying to hold them back. That’s increasingly making me wonder what’s holding us back? I know Twitter is a cesspool, but the longer we wait without any word of what we’re thinking is validating the our less desirable fan’s trash talk about the Big12. Even some commentators are starting to join in with the Big12 fans trash talk towards Utah’s supposed pride over the Big12. If we’re really all in on joint the Big12, let’s announce it and clear the air! I’m increasingly worried we’re too committed to ASU, Cal and Stanford and are perfectly willing to sink our athletic program at the expense of our academic ties to these other schools.

NashvilleUte
          Ute Fan
          @nashvilleute05

Just reading that there is/was a PAC meeting this morning… wait… that sounded like a Boy Scout meeting… how has THAT never been a running PAC joke all this time!?!? Missed opportunity…

Anyway… I never heard about this meeting being planned, so that definitely makes sense why the delay in decisions. There’s just too much going on with realignment, I’m getting nauseous…

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Yes, the delay is coming from UW and UO not committing to the B1G for a reduced share. I think they’re just jockeying for more money from the B1G. The B1G presidents are also holding an unplanned meeting this morning.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

FWIW, apparently AZ has an offer from the B12 but has yet to accept it. Utah isn’t the only one waiting here.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 I hope we didn’t wait too long