I just saw Lion King. I’m surprised to see so many bad reviews.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Next: Alamo Bowl vs Texas – 12/31 5:30PM – ESPN TV
        5 2

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

What they’re doing with CGI nowadays is absolutely incredible. If these animals weren’t talking, you would think they used live animals.

If you don’t want to watch a shot for shot remake of the cartoon, then don’t go see it. There were a couple new “jokes” but for the most part, it’s the cartoon remade.

The actors they chose to play the animals were spot on and, like I said, the CGI is unreal. Definitely the best Disney remake so far.

And yes I’m aware this has nothing to do with sports… Or Utes. But I don’t care.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Disney continues it’s propaganda machine against the Hyena?  They are the best hunters in Africa.

Set the record straight

They also have way cuter pups. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

My big problem is that it’s almost shot for shot the same. At least with the plethora if super hero shows they have some originality. This is just a nostalgia cash grab. And it’s frustrating how it works.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Question; did adult Simba have a better voice? I was severely disappointed as a kid to hear his voice when he grew up. Mustafa was spot on though.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

Donald Glover did adult Simba and I thought he did a good job. The only thing that bugged me is during the movie I couldn’t figure out where I’ve heard his voice before. Then I remembered hearing his stand up comedy.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

You’ve also heard his voice because he was Lando in the new Star Wars, a nerd physicist in The Martian, and maybe because he’s a multi-platinum rapper (he raps under the name Childish Gambino).

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Fan Board Forums Misc I just saw Lion King. I’m surprised to see so many bad reviews.