I never coached or played football at even a pee wee level.

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

So tell me if this is the wrong way to approach the situation Utah has here. Huntley is a captain and leader of the team. Do you open up the number one spot to all the QBs this week? I say give reps to each QB in situational drills all week. One defense vs one offense. Whoever scores wins the position. Look at more of the plays I think a mix up at this position could maybe fix a lot of problems. It is a risk though because of Huntley’s status on the team.  

Those two to three designed qb reads late in the game almost makes me feel like Taylor wants to knock him out. Particularly that high low hit he took was brutal. Or Moss is really hurting. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I guess what I think is anyone can throw to Covey until he breaks. Maybe the read option improves with a switch and less drops. 

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Yes. I played and coached D1 volleyball (Utah; almost walked on football). When the entire team is not playing well, you sub-out the setter, who is QB equivalent. As the setter on a vb team, you have to recognize the defensive positions and know your hitters’ tendencies/likes. You “set” your hitters open and create 1-v-1 opportunities, not unlike football. Huntley basically was “setting” his WRs right into double blocks. Of course, WRs shouldn’t have open drops like they did yesterday (and season to date), but those are two separate issues.

2 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

No. I think you tell the receivers to catch the damn ball and the o-line to block. And you tell Huntley to calm down, relax, and hope the throws will be more accurate.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Oline was improved quite a bit actually. Huntley is regressing. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Totally agree about the o line. I was quite surprised at how much time Huntley had on average.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

Troy Williams was a captain last year and list out to Huntley

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I never coached or played football at even a pee wee level.