I’m having fun imagining JJ and Nate running the offense

Viewing 3 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Can you imagine how awesome our ground game could be? Two guys with elite speed ready to take it to the house every play.

There are a few things that could derail such an offense. Most obvious among them is Nate’s ability to throw accurately. If he’s even a decent passer, he’ll be difficult to stop.

so much fun!

2 3

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

@chinngiskhaan is referring to the following players.

Jonathan Johnson – 41, RB, Psychology
      Clovis HS, Northwestern Oklahoma State
      Personal: Son of Jerome Johnson … has two siblings, Jerome and Nathan … brother, Nate, will be a freshman quarterback for the Utes in the fall of 2022 … father played basketball at Oklahoma.

Nate Johnson – 13, QB, Undeclared
      Clovis HS
      Personal: Son of Jerome Johnson … has two siblings, Jerome and Jonathan  … brother, Jonathan, will be a freshman running back for the Utes in the fall of 2022 … father played basketball at Oklahoma.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I think he was referring to Jackson, #3.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Thank you for the clarification. I made an assumption. I’m not on a nickname basis with any of the kids, myself.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Ja’Quinden Jackson – 3, RB, Communication, 227 pounds
          Duncanville HS, University of Texas

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Personal: Son of Nyia Evans … has three siblings … cousin, Keaontay, was a member of the USC football program … cousin, Kelvontay, was a member of the Texas football program.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I like what we have seen so far.  Jackson has quickly developed into a good running back.  Imagine what he can do next year with some practice and preparation.  I expect to see good things from him.

I wish we would have seen more of Johnson.  He is an obvious talent. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Saw a picture of him celebrating the CCG victory with a rose in his mouth. Kid already looks like a linebacker. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope he can throw a football.

If he can, he’s going to be dangerous. Then again, if he can’t, it would be pretty great to have someone with his size/athleticism on the team regardless of position.

Extra Medium
          Ute Fan
          @runningreddude

Johnson will have some competition to see the field. The team and Ludwig love Brandon Rose. Rumor has it he has be tearing up the 1st defense in practice.

Inevitably kids are going to leave and it’s a great problem to have.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

As a senior in HS, Nate threw for just about the same yards and TDs as Rising. If his development is similar he will be just fine. Myself, I am happy to have a second QB with very different skills.

CoyoteUte
      Ute Fan
      @coyoteute

With Whitt’s track record at moving guys to other positions… I would not be shocked if Nate ends up in another role outside of QB. Think about D Christopher, Kruger, C Hansen, JJ, Z Vaughn, etc. Kid is too good of an athlete to keep off the field, and we seem to be among the best at putting dudes in the right spots to succeed.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m having fun imagining JJ and Nate running the offense