In non-surprising news

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Ford declares for the NFL draft.  I suspect he will go in about the 4th round.  Will we have more players in the NFL from this team than 2019?

Ford declares for draft

Good for him.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

We’ll have a bunch but I doubt more than 2019. Didn’t we send our entire defense (or close to) that year? Plus Moss and Huntley.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Question, as they declare, do they get their evaluation and have a future deadline to unwind and return? Still, I think it should be considered common place for athletes with degrees move on even to the business world. I believe I support any decision including the transfer portal.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I believe that they can return as long as they don’t sign with an agent and pull their name before the draft. I don’t know if participating in the combine would be enough on its own to end the eligibility clock.

Everyone who is considering going should have a draft grade by now and you only have until the end of the bowl season/playoffs to declare. Anything after that would force you into the supplemental draft.

It would be rare but I could see someone who still had eligibility that perhaps got hurt prepping for the draft pull their name out and come back to prove themselves.

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

We keep throwing these announcements out while Ohio State stays mums the word. 

Interesting.

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

As far as I’ve seen, all the players who have declared for the draft have also said they will be playing in the Rose Bowl.  

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

This is a tough draft for players with late rd draft grades. Last year had the fewest players declare for the draft ever due to the covid season. Because of that, this draft is likely to have the most players declaring ever. So there are going to be many players go undrafted who would have been mid/late rd picks in previous drafts. The UDFA market is gonna be full of good talent.

This doesn’t mean it’s a bad move for all these players who are declaring — just that it’s highly unlikely we’ll see draft #s similar to Utah’s 2019 class.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

BC said there will be 30% over the average available in this draft.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football In non-surprising news