Is the problem on pass protection or on running plays?

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I am still frustrated with the number of false starts our OLine has committed this year.

However after I posted about it yesterday I noticed several false start penalties during the night games. FSU may be in contention with us for worst case of false starts.

So are the false starts on called running plays? Called passing plays? Or a mixture of both? I’m too lazy to go back and look, but I’m sure somebody on here most likely already knows the answer.

And can we please for the love of everything that is good in this world get the team to focus on this for the next four weeks?

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I think a good portion of it still relates to the center. Nick has done a good job but when more than 2 players are jumping at the same time it tells me he is snapping the ball late.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

I think this is part of the problem.  When they show the replays of the false starts it looks like most of the time, after Troy goes through his cadence and right before the ball is snapped, the Dline shifts during that half second and our guys get caught reacting.  Arizona really killed us on that and it doesn’t look like we’ve addressed it much since then.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Plays are blown dead on false starts, how would you know if it’s a pass or a run?

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

I’m not any smarter than you on pre-snap calls, but a good indicator might be down and distance.

I’d be happy if I knew there was a low percentage on 1st and 10, and possibly a higher percentage on 3rd and 24. At that point the extra yards only help Wishnowsky’s punting average.

Just not sure if they are trying to get off the ball to pick up potential blitzers or if they want to fire off the ball to open holes on running plays. Or am I totally up in the night to think it may be one type of play vs the other.

I was just curious.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

It’s college football, enjoy the ride.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is the problem on pass protection or on running plays?