Is this right? Utah was 3rd best in the PAC 12 in Sacks allowed

Viewing 4 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

per game in 2020? Utah sacked opponents 10 times and allowed 7 sacks. Utah ranked 5th in the PAC 12 in sacks allowed in 2019. 

http://www.cfbstats.com/2020/leader/905/team/defense/split01/category20/sort03.html

I know there’s a lot of complaints about the O-line, but the line should be looked at relative to the competition. I guess a more accurate statistic would be sacks allowed per pass attempt, rather than per game, right? Wish I could find that statistic.  

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

Like the NFL has ……….pressure or hurries should be noted as well. That’s the key indicator.
      Our QB made some elusive escapes or just ran for his life numerous times.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Ok, but what do those hurry statistics look like compared to the rest of the PAC 12? I’d like know these statistics before s**tting all over our offensive line, especially if it turns out that our O-line is in the top 1/3rd or 1/2 in the PAC 12. 

5 1

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

O line is just something people here like to bitch about. Like taxes and the price of gas, it always sucks and no amount of evidence to the contrary makes a dent in that criticism. It was the whipping “boy” back when John Cullen was false starting and it has never let up. It’s not that bad.

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

Harder to be effective as an OLine with an unbalanced attack.  When we have balanced run/ pass it makes it easier for the OLine.  I often think we blame OLine for other issues.

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

We also played 2 fewer games than the average in the conference

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Yes. But the statistic linked is sacks / game.

2 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Posted this site multiple times

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/sp/overallol/2020

has the info you’re looking for, unfortunately it’s not put together in a very user friendly format.

But every year Utah is ranked in the bottom 100 in multiple categories. Stuff rate on running downs was atrocious this year and last year. But Harding is great, he gets guys into the NFL and interviewed for an NFL job once….

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

So is Utah 9th lowest in the country at standard down sack rate and 56th in the country in passing down sack rate?

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Yes, they ranked 9th in the country with sacks allowed on standard downs, and 56th with sacks allowed on passing downs.

2019- 111th sacks allowed standard downs 

2018- 102nd sacks allowed standard downs

2017- 98th, 89th, 110th sacks allowed columns

2016- 79th adjusted sack rate

2015- 41st adjusted sack rate

2014- 94th adjusted sack rate

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is this right? Utah was 3rd best in the PAC 12 in Sacks allowed