Jay Hill to TSPP as DC

Viewing 3 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

He is going to make them better. He should be the HC there. Better and more qualified than Kalani ever was. Hope things work out for him in some way.

Their HC and coordinators are all from Whitt’s coaching tree. Kind of funny that their fans often dog Whitt, but the three most important coaches on their team were taught by him.

My ideal scenario when Scalley becomes HC is for him to hire Jay Hill as the DC (don’t want Scalley doing HC and DC, that usually doesn’t work out well). Assuming Ludwig leaves with Whitt, I’d be happy with Harding as OC again, either him or whoever Andy is mentoring to take over for him. I think the offense we currently have is the perfect fit for the kind of players Utah usually has.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I hope he cuts his toenails real short.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Whoops…sorry

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

I can assure you that Jay has been on campus numerous times the past month. If there was a near term opening on the our staff he would have been told that.

The fact that he has accepted this job tells me that Whitt likely let him know that he is here for at least a few more years.

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

I would love to see Whitt stick around through this full contract extension, especially if Scalley sticks here as well. After that, I hope we find a great advisory position for Kyle on the Hill. The man has done more for University of Utah sports than anyone I can think of! 

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Hill was too good for Weber, he would consistently win and make it to the FCS playoff and yet couldn’t draw a crowd.

I would love it if he comes back to Utah, for now it’s probably a good thing to train at the Utes G league team (TSPP) before getting called up when there’s an opening.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Insiders tell me that Hill told the team he’s bringing his own luggage…and it’s Samsonite.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jay Hill to TSPP as DC