Jayden Daniels commitment at 2:00 PM today

Viewing 6 reply threads

KillaKam801
      Ute Fan
      @bellzy5

Also I’ve heard minor talks of the possibility of flipping Puka. Would be nice….

User Suspended
      @a2ute

not the right “vibe”

Image result for flaccid gif

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

If JD signs with ASU , how solid is Darren Jones commitment now ?

5 4

User Suspended
          @a2ute

It seems a bit dicey. 247 has Oregon involved as well

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Darren-Jones-at-Cajon-216105/CurrentExpertPredictions/

kwhitt has done a good job in winning the south. You can check off the coaching box.

But that only covers half the job requirments of a head coach..the other half is recruiting. As of today kwhitt is not keeping up with the jones in the 2019 class.  

Crazyforu
            Ute Fan
            @crazyforu

Those old Crystal Ball projections can be wildly innacurate. The Oregon one that is listed, is from about 6 months ago. Doesn’t mean he will be a Ute, I don’t think looking at that Crystal Ball for him should tell you much though.

Jayden will go where he feels most comfortable, is what it is. I am still p**sed that Utah didn’t get Josh Portis in 2005. He was a big recruit at the time, didn’t end up panning out after transferring multiple times. Utah is in good hands, with or without JD. They need depth, the sky is FAR from falling though regarding recruiting.

User Suspended
              @a2ute

Utes need a constant influx of fast twitch HS athletes to get to the next level.

Tednab
            Ute Fan
            @tednab

Thanks , i know their approach in recruiting has changed , and seems to be working.  I try not to get caught up in stars and ranking .. but sitting currently dead last in conference isn’t a selling point. 

Crazyforu
              Ute Fan
              @crazyforu

You are correct, being last isn’t a good look, a lot of that is due to their approach that you mentioned. Also, have to remember that they will have as smaller class this year. Puka will be an interesting one to watch, have to believe he stays with SC, he feels good at Utah too though.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

You don’t read so good do you?

Stone
            Ute Fan
            @stone

Frankly, so long as the results on the field are good, the recruiting rankings are meaningless. I recognize that they often correspond, but ultimately Whitt’s job is to win games, not recruiting championships.

Considering all the crow you should be eating this year for your constant beating of the “fire Whitt” drum (and the fact that Utah won the south division and is in the Holiday Bowl), I somewhat expected you to take a break from the persistent negativity, but no good deed goes unpunished.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Don’t ask him. 

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Darren Jones has a nice little nod to Utah at the end of his senior highlight tape that was posted just 3 days ago. Not sure how much it’s worth reading into, but it’s a bit reassuring:

https://twitter.com/djonescmob1/status/1072269103165988864

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Have fun at ASU, Jayden.  Puka flipping would be a tremendous get.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

This reminds me so much of the Eubanks debacale.

Crazyforu
          Ute Fan
          @crazyforu

So true! Good reminder though of how a lot of these guys don’t pan out. Eubanks did nothing of note at ASU, that I can recall.

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

He can compete for the job instantly at ASU or step into the same situation Jack was in as 3rd string for at least a year. Not feeling great about this one.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Or he waits for Huntley to get injured and has to just beat out Shelley who had a rough CCG. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Sadly I think ASU has this one.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

It will be interesting to see what happens to their two committed QBs if this does happen.

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

Totally agree. Seems really odd to bring in 3 high end QB recruits, and have them all be good with it. Will be a fascinating one to watch going into next year, depending on how many of them stick with ASU. I believe they had a couple freshman on their team this year too that were supposed to be pretty good.

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Unless he’s going full Frank Kush.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It amazes me that these spindly 170-175lb QBs come in expecting to start from Day One. They get killed 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

QB health isn’t exactly a strong point at Utah either. Which I am not trying to insult Huntley with my above post it is just what has happened, it is possible to happen again. 

palos_verdes_ute
        Ute Fan
        @palos-verdes-ute

yeah, you are so right about that.  I’ve talked about Jayden’s weight problem in the past.  He needs to bulk up.  I don’t think the kid contributes for another year or 2….regardless who he signs with.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jayden Daniels commitment at 2:00 PM today