Jocelyn Malaska to Sooners

Viewing 4 reply threads

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Notable transfer to OU. Time will tell whether we lost a good one here, but OU sees something.

Malaska to Sooners

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

That is interesting. Maybe I’m wrong, but Marlaska is the first Ute player without any real protagonism that I’ve seen leave for a better football program. Everyone else has kind of taken a step down.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

If I remember correctly and as noted in the link he was from Oklahoma before coming to the U, so that may have something to do with it.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Just read he will be a PWO. Was he on scholarship with Utah?

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

Yes. Scholarship at Utah, and PWO at Oklahoma.

I believe he has a younger brother being heavily recruited by Oklahoma as well…

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Yes, on scholarship with us. We flipped him from TTech in his recruitment. Missed the PWO, that’s an important point. That’s what you call a hometown discount.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

PWO… He’s from there. Hoping to earn a scholly.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

Malaska is near the athletic freak category but came to Utah with little experience – I want to say just a few years of football. I believe a family in Oklahoma adopted him. There’s a cool story about him and them out there. I was rooting for him to work his way into the two-deep next season. I hope he finds success at Oklahoma.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jocelyn Malaska to Sooners