Just a reminder that Coach K is the 8th highest paid coach in College Basketball

Viewing 3 reply threads
      6 7

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Not saying I think that he is a bad coach, but right now it is looking like a pretty shoddy return on investment. With the investment into facilities and coaching the program has made over the last 5 years, there are no excuses for missing the tournament two years in a row. I get that he was voted coach of the year by some media because he achieved more with less, but ultimately it falls on his shoulders that the program doesn’t have the talent to compete. I’m not suggesting he should be let go or we should be looking elsewhere yet, but he’s definitely not earning his paycheck right now. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I already expected NIT and got what I expected so meh I guess.  But this is a familiar feeling that I just had with Football.  

2 1

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

Or, you know, the freaking refs hating David Collette and fouling him out. Oregon had no answer for him and of course they found a way to take him out of the game so he had no chance to make an impact at the end. Pretty chicken s**t if you ask me.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I am mostly upset with those three fouls that lead to Rawson getting fouled out.  Especially the one where he got ran over on the screen and it wasn’t called.  

Matthew Thomas Castleton
          Ute Fan
          @mcastleton928

I agree. They let a bunch of crap go on Oregon’s side of the ball and not much on ours.

Minnesota Ute
          Ute Fan
          @minnesotaute

I don’t know if I thought that one was any worse than the blocking foul when he got straight up ran over.  His shoulders were square, he was in legal guarding position, and the Oregon player simply lowered his shoulder and dribbled the ball right into him.  About as clear cut of an offensive foul as perhaps I have ever seen.

1 1

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

Agree.  Well said.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Just a reminder that Coach K is the 8th highest paid coach in College Basketball