Just saw an interesting stat

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

BYU has only beat Utah 9 times when Lavell was not on the BYU sideline as a coach.

Crazy.

Go Utes!!!

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

LaVell was the only reason they were ever good. They’ve either been downright bad or mediocre in every non-LaVell era.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The cougars have 4 wins in the last 20 years.
      2001 – 24-21 when Luke Staley scored two late TDs
      2006 – Harline catch on the last play of the game
      2007 – Magic happened on 4th and 18
      2009 – OT win when Max Hall went nuts after the game
      We lost all of these games fair and square, but they were all games we could have won if not for some late boneheaded mistakes. We have also won a number of these rivalry games late.
      Go Utes!!!

GreatNorthernUte
        Ute Fan
        @greatnorthernute

Ill add to this: notice that not once in the last 20 years has BYU ever won a game by more than 7 points.  None of those four games involved BYU having any significant lead on Utah until the last minutes.

The rivalry game is close more often than not.  But in the last 20 years, we have also won several blowouts.  BYU has to go back to 1996 for its last blowout win over Utah.

Says a lot.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

But, according to some BYU fans, they would have beat us by 30 last year.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Lavell is one of the most underrated college football coaches of all time. I will confess as a UofU student back in the day, as a football junkie attended to couple BYU football games when Lavelle was coach. Like him or not, Lavell was one of the best college football coaches or all time. As many of you, I suffered through the tough times of Utah football. I painfully watched the UofU lose to the University of Idaho in 1993 at a half full RES. Process that for a moment.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Just saw an interesting stat