Just watched Cam and JJ’s postgame interview

Viewing 5 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

and the power of the culture that Whitt has established hit me pretty hard. The two guys sitting there as two time conference champs were cast offs at a much more “blue blood” program that has had an awful culture for years.

These two guys, cast offs of one disgustingly wealthy blue blood absolutely brutalized another disgustingly wealthy blue blood.

JJ man… what a great guy! He stepped up and offered to play running back when the team needed it, and look where he is now! We would not have made it to this point without him. I made the mistake of going over to PooPoo board last night in the third quarter, and some of their fans were giving the Utes crap for honoring A Lowe and Ty, saying things like “it’s time to move on,” or, “it’s just creepy now” or other things like that. Who are they to tell others when they should stop honoring the lives of their friends?

I don’t know what JJ’s plans are for next season, but if he sticks around and continues to play RB (he and Glover will make a great combo in my opinion) he is going to absolutely BLOW UP next year. He will be the leader of this offense if he stays. How awesome would it be to have one of 22’s best friends take the team to new heights next season?

So glad he is on this team. Guys like Cam and JJ are the thing that keeps Whitt going more than anything. He loves winning, but he loves seeing these boys succeed even more. LOVE IT!

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Man, for a guy that’s supposed to be studying for a torts exam you sure have a lot of free time…

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

HAHA! I take a break for a few minutes every so often. It works for me.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Why wouldn’t JJ stay? You think U$C is going to NIL him?

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I don’t know. I’m just saying, I don’t know what his plans are. 

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

JJ is here next year. Made a statement after Colorado that he’s all in at running back next season. It will be in his best interest to leave after next year if he has a strong season.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Nice… didn’t mean to start a debate, just didn’t want to assume

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

If he hasn’t left yet (when he VERY easily could have and NOT ONE REASONABLE fan would have had any reason to doubt him….given his two best friends died tragic deaths within 12 months and on top of that losing the backup QB job to a walk on pig farmer), why would he leave now? He’s as committed to this team as any other player, maybe even more. I think he wants to finish at Utah for Ty and A-Lowe, as much as anything. Plus, he’s a true Ute, and the front runner for the RB1 job next season for the back to back Pac12 championship Utes!

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

I understand why guys would declare for the draft. Stock can’t get much higher than being a back to back champion with both being resounding victories over the “top dogs” the pac-12. However, I couldn’t help but look at what could be returning and think even more is achievable next year. No doubt we’ll lose some key pieces on D, but a lot of young guys got meaningful reps. If we have good QB play next year, and the D picks up where they are ending this season, oh boy. Safety, LB, D Line are good to go. RB,WR,TE seem in good shape. QB, OL, and CB might have question marks, I would fully expect (hope) for a blue blood transfer in one of those, seeing the same thing, and wanting to get more on tape for the NFL, a la Diabate. I think it was telling how willing they were to put the ball in Nate Johnson’s hands in big games towards the end of the season, and what does JJ look like with a full offseason at the position? He probably puts 21′ Tavion to shame. He would be insane to leave.

I guess I am forgetting that we had a good run and it was all going to come crashing down eventually though, so there’s that.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

LOL guys… JJ potentially leaving (never said he was) wasn’t at all the point of my post. Relax

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just watched Cam and JJ’s postgame interview