Kalen DeBoer from Fresneck St. will be the UW coach.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I can’t say this is a home run hire or anything…

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Not a home run at all.  Maybe an infield single.  Wow, I thought they could do better.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Pretty young and very inexperienced.  Not a very impressive coaching history IMO.  For every Urban Meyer there will always be 10 or so Scott Frosts!  Not impressed.

USC’s hire is a lot more impressive but always remember that there are only 85 scholarships and in the day of the transfor portal and NIL keeping these superstars happy is a huge challenge no matter who you are or how great a coach people say you are.  With the portal those 85 slots dwindle down substantially when you cant play them all.  

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

He’s got a 79-9 record as a head coach. Albeit mostly on a non-FBS level, let alone a P5 level. 

He did solid things at Fresno this season and it will be interesting to see how he steps up now that he’s in the big leagues. 

Overall reaction from the Husky fanbase I’ve seen is: At least it’s not Lake anymore. 

I would’ve guessed they could’ve pulled some bigger names to Seattle, but maybe he interviewed really well. 

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I guess since they were successful going the G5 route with Chris Petersen, they prefer trying to pick the hot up-and-comer coach? Maybe Deboer will end up surprising everyone…

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

May be a good hire only time will tell. I would have expected UW to pull in a big name but there are too many big school openings that make that difficult. Did Sitake need the extra staff to help he take phone calls?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kalen DeBoer from Fresneck St. will be the UW coach.