Viewing 7 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

8 2

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

He’s supremely talented???? Ah no, he’s got elite physical attributes but, in my opinion, a low basketball IQ. And this is something that I’ve been saying since he joined our program. Sure, he can jump out the gym but he can’t handle the ball well at all and has no outside shot, making him pretty one dimensional. I would love to have kept him purely as a rotational player but that’s the way life goes. Good luck to him, maybe the TDS will make better use of his potential.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

They should get used to a sh*t load of missed layups.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

I agree Miami. Seems Keba got worse as the season wore on. We will miss his 12-15 minutes of rebounding and blocking shots. I think Lovering can fill that role. I’d rather go with a smaller lineup that can spread the floor with shooters. Our biggest need is a couple of athletic guards that can defend the perimeter and finish at the basket. Smith much harder to replace than Keba.

2 1

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Meh. A 6’8 guy that can jump but has zero offensive threat. No loss. I bet it wont be hard to find more contribution through the portal.

5 6

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

Yes it will.

If you haven’t noticed Craig Smith can’t sign anybody that doesn’t have some sort of connection to the program.

Still down two coaches and 5 players and it’s crickets on the hill.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

Except for some monster dunks! Hype it up!!! 😉

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Dang. I liked him. He was entertaining.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

This is a big loss and anyone claiming otherwise is crazy (or just trying to downplay losing a definite impact player to their rival). He’s big, physical, high energy and is a monster in the post.

1 1

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

“Monster in the post.” Ha

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Are you for real? No disrespect, but you’re talking about a guy that only played 16 MPG and only averaged 8 PPG/ 5 RPG. As I said in my previous posting, sure, you’d love to keep Keba as a rotation player but this isn’t a guy that comes close to the impact of a Devion Smith or a Branden Carlson. His stats are not even as good as Madsen, who averaged almost 14 PPG and 4 RPG last season.

//r00t4Utes
          Ute Fan
          @r00t4utes

But he has what the utes are most lacking, athleticism, but he also has height and strength to go with it. So he was one of the best defenders on the team.

His biggest issue was foul trouble, IMO. Which I think partly led to his late season dip.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

That’s true, but it’s unharnessed or unrealized athleticism. If he was as good as his potential indicates, he’d be getting twice the minutes and you wouldn’t be able to keep him out of the starting lineup.

Hahnenwk
              Ute Fan
              @hahnenwk

Burgess couldn’t improve him at Utah see what he can do with him at yBu

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Keba needs to develop a 15’ jumper.
      He’s got no game outside of 5’ and he’s a major foul risk. You can’t play him in close late game situations because it becomes hack a Keba and he’s not a good FT shooter.

I get why he left the trajectory of BYU and Utah basketball are night and day right now

BYU is the flavor of the month but in the long run Young won’t be any more successful at byu than Pope was. It’s still byu and he’s still gonna have the same recruiting challenges every coach there does.

Top Recruits don’t care about the nba thing. Every coach has “contacts.” Top flight players aren’t gonna care the he has Book’s number in his phone. It won’t have the pull byu fans think it will.

We need to focus on the fact that 3.5 years into a 6 year rebuild as Craig Smith told us it was we are pretty much at rock bottom and starting over stop me if you’ve heard this….again

He’s down two Coaches and 5 scholarships and for someone who relies on assistants to land kids because Smith is not known as a dynamic recruiter this is a bad situation.

There is an above average chance this time next year we will be talking about Utah’s new coach.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

At least it feels good we beat them last year. They definitely have been a better program lately, but still underachieving and nice to have the last W.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

You’re right in all effects. The only thing I would say is that if Smith has a season similar to this past one or 22-23, he’ll definitely be back for a fifth year. If the Utes are still struggling by the end of his fifth season, then it becomes a lot easier to eat the rest of his contract. My caveat to all this is if the Utes have a horrible season in 24-25, then Smith will most likely be gone.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Craig Smith getting absolutely pummeled by TDS. OUTSTANDING!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Keiba Keta transfers to TSPP