Kuithe interview on ESPN700

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Looking forward to getting back on the field.

Every injury is different. The process is different because every injury is not the same. “I am getting better every day. It is what it is.” He was not ready for fall camp even though it was his plan to be back for game one.

A lot of people really do not understand what he is going through. He has heard things like that he is being held out to wait for Cam or waiting for conference play. He seems upset by these comments. Kuithe said he will play when he is ready. He said it will be in the “near future.”

He is doing a lot better and is practicing and will play when he can contribute. He mentioned that Whitt keeps these things secret because that’s his style. He obviously is not going to give any clue as to when or if he will be coming back. It sounds like Whitt has him muzzled. (I would love to know exactly where he is at, but he will not be saying anything specific.)

Happy that the team is 2-0 and wants to go 1-0 every week.

The team has a lot of things to improve on which is normal.

Nate Johnson took the reigns and ran with it. Was happy to see the offense take over. Was pleased that when faced with adversity, the TEAM stepped up. He indicated that the team has faced a lot of adversity in the last three years, and has always stepped up. “We have been knocked down but we always get back up.”

“It was hotter than hell on Saturday and we still delivered.”

Glover made a very smart move by taking time off the clock.

Landon King is a very good athlete, but he needs to gain some weight.

Being in the Big 12 should help in recruiting Texas. More Texas guys should be coming to Utah.

He acts like he could possibly play this week, but it really doesn’t sound like it. I think this is just what Whitt wanted him to say to keep the opposition confused. He does continue to say “soon.”

4 6

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

I love Whitt. But his thing with injuries drives me bonkers. I feel like fans deserve a bit more info. 🤯🤯🤯

8 6

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Why?
        Unless you are a degenerate gambler(no judgements but get help) it really is private medical information and noneya business.

3 1

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

Utah football has a policy in place that they don’t discuss injuries in depth unless they are season ending. And players don’t discuss it because of it. Not privacy. Just seems overboard. I shouldn’t say “deserve” to know but it would be nice to have a little more openness transparency. It’s gotten a little paranoid.

4 4

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I don’t see how knowing or not knowing does anything. Honestly I wish journalist would respect peoples private health matters.

Is it for thoughts and prayers? Or so we can identify with the player making it about ourselves? I don’t get it.

I would say for Whitt and the team in general it is a next man up philosophy. Can’t change anything by talking about someone’s healthcare.

1 3

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

Totally agree. I don’t see why it matters. Why should we get to know who is hurt, in what way, and when will they be back?

If not knowing who will play causes you anxiety, my advice to you is find a more healthy hobby.

1 3

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Exactly. Not Whittinghams private information so why is he trying to control it.

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

I absolutely agree. It’s completely non-impactful as a fan to be able to know complete details about player health.

I understand it from a curiosity standpoint only. There’s a part of me that simply wants to know information for the intrinsic value of it so I get that. But frankly I have no idea what even motivates one to care to the point that you become indignant about it. If I don’t know something, that thing does not require my input, and my knowledge of it will not alter the outcome of it, and it’s conceivable that there’s a good reason for me to not know, I simply cannot bring myself to care. In fact at that point I’m pretty well convinced that seeking the information is a waste of my time.

I often see the sentiment in these conversations that “we as the fans are owed”. And I really can’t get my head around why anybody who has no real effect on my life whatsoever and furthermore has no idea I even exist owes me anything. I’d go as far as to say I find it strangely narcissistic to go about your life with the idea that anybody really owes you anything at all, let alone their personal health information.

1 6

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Couldn’t agree more. I’m over it. It just looks silly in this erra to think you can control information. It should be solely the players decision to share personal medical information or not.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for the report.

6 3

thirtyfour-thirtyone
      Ute Fan
      @thirtyfour-thirtyone

He has heard things like that he is being held out to wait for Cam or waiting for conference play. He seems upset by these comments.

Some of us need to take a step back and calm down a bit. We all want Utah to win. We all want the best quarterback on the field, and want every DB to pick off every pass.

We could probably get by with a little less ripping on our players when things aren’t going as planned (suggesting we should have dumped Cam Rising before the season certainly falls into this category). It’s OK to be upset when the result is not good, but ripping on a bunch of college kids who are working their @$$es off to do their best in a Utah jersey is not a good look, and people (including Utah football players and recruits) notice.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

who is ripping on the players for not coming back sooner? I made the dump Cam argument that you referenced, and (right or wrong) I wasn’t ripping on him at all. I never suggested he should have come back sooner, or he wasn’t trying hard enough, or anything of the sort. I merely suggested that it may have been better for the team had the coaches moved on from him after last season knowing that he likely wouldn’t be at full strength at any point this year. That isn’t his fault, and I didn’t blame him for it.

3 2

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Ripping on a coaches policy is not ripping on players.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kuithe interview on ESPN700