Lander Crystal Ball to Texas

Viewing 8 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Just saw a crystal ball come in for Lander Barton, brother of Jackson and Cody Barton, to go to Texas. This would just be the biggest loss in Utah recruiting this year for SURE since his entire family is Utah through and through.

Please Lander…make the right choice and come to the hill man.

10 2

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Please Lander, make the best decision for you.

3 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Seriously, someone here does not want Lander Barton, an 18 yo kid, to look out for his own best interests? I really hope you downvoted by mistake.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

This CB was put in by the BYu rivals guy.

So not taking that prediction with a lot of confidence

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

There’s three crystal balls for Lander. Two to Utah and one to Texas. The one is from a BYU guy but he rated it more confidently than the others. Who knows, maybe he’s talking to the family or maybe he’s trolling.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

So per that site, Utah has a 67% chance if Barton becoming a Ute.

2 1

younglurch
        Ute Fan
        @younglurch

Unfortunately both Utah crystal balls are from last February and April. The Texas crystal ball was from today. Plenty of time for a guy to change his mind during that timeframe. I’d trust the most recent predictions the most.

From a depth perspective, we’re certainly doing fine for ourselves at LB. The Calvert bros, Nephi Sewell, Hayden Furey, Karene Reid, etc all will help our LB position continue to stay elite. However, it would be a huge blow to lose a blue chip 4* in state legacy recruit at a position we historically do well with. Not a good direction to be headed in for the class if Barton does indeed choose to take his talents elsewhere.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Good catch. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes elsewhere. He might be looking to play right away and it doesn’t seem Utah will be able to guarantee him that with their current LB depth. I hope he does come to Utah, but he might be thinking something else.

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

If he goes to Texas we will see him in a couple of years when we pick him up from the transfer portal.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

I think Lander will be a Ute and will play defensive end.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

What the hell’s a crystal ball?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

They’re predictions that 247 writers put up on their website. They just call it a crystal ball prediction

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Unusual insight to make 40 something males triggered over the decisions of young men.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I dunno, but if a guy has three crystal balls going in two different directions its probably time to see a urologist.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

The kid has felt a lot of pressure to go to Utah because the Brighton community has asked him if he’s going to Utah every day since forever to the point that the kid won’t talk about it with anyone, I think he’s sick of the question and automatic assumption. So other schools other than Utah might be very appealing in a way that he can just go be himself. The best everyone could do is back off and let him feel his own way and let the Utah coaching staff and players show him love.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

It was last year, but I talked to Lander’s dad while he was working the chains one Friday night and he said 2 things that surprised me:

1. Lander will be the possibly most talented of his sons and he thinks he will end up at DE with his growth trajectory.

2. He is pushing him to Utah obviously, but feels Lander may want his own path and go out of state.

This is not a negative reflection on Utah or the coaches. 18 yo kids just deciding for their own futures is all.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Personally, I can’t blame a kid for wanting to branch out, leave home and not go somewhere just because the rest of his family did. With my personality, I probably would have done the same if I were in his situation.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I know many people who are Utah fans for this very reason, myself included.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lander Crystal Ball to Texas