Larry’s total compensation is close to $4mm?

Viewing 5 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Found this online:
      Mobile Ute Hub user submitted image

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Deserves every penny 🙂

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Hoping for a W from Larry and company tonight.

3 2

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

Fire him. Eat the buyout. Utah will not get better under his coaching. Sucks and I wish I was wrong but history says otherwise.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What a bargin.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Unfortunatly, Larry is, what Larry is, and this program is going nowhere.

I had made up my mind a couple of years ago, that I would give him through this year to return the program to a competitive state and return to the NCAA tournament, and I still plan to do that.  However, I must say, that it does not appear that either will happen, and it is telling that there is a game today, I’m not planning to go, and was not even aware until I came here that it was happening. 

A once proud program…

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

LK is not going anywhere. No way Harlan will fire LK. 

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Agree. The prorated buyout is $7.5mm (2.5 years x $3mm per year). His final contract date is 6/30/2023. Here’s the thing about Larry, he’s done it before. Delon and Poeltl in the tourney was awesome. Those were good recruits, that was a good team. That’s the expectation. I do appreciate that Larry appears to run a very clean program. There is some heartache from recruits like Markenan that very much look like they got paid and therefore didn’t come to Utah. Guess we can just support the team the best we can and hope things improve. 

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

There was a time that playing a game against UCLA would have a been a MAJOR event.

Kind of sad.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

It will be major alright.  A major ass whoopin’ by UCLA. 

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

No body gets to go. No spectators allowed in California.

2 3

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

I wish we were flush with cash and could just eat the buyout and move on. But unfortunately I think we have to live with this mess and Larry as our coach until 2023. But I don’t care if he somehow gets a PAC 12 title in his final year or a Sweet 16 run, he needs to go no matter what IMO.

Gugstanley
      Ute Fan
      @gugstanley

Athletic department needs cash for the buyout and fans can’t attend. Harlan should just furlough his ass and save this year’s salary

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Interesting to see my post got down voted. Does someone actually think Larry is doing a good job? Or even more importantly, does someone actually see Larry as a long term fit for our program? A yes to either of these seems absolutely crazy to me. And the only thing that would make sense is people’s expectations are really low of what Ute basketball should be.

3 3

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Unfortunately, the link you shared doesn’t provide any of the details mentioned in my original post. In fact, the article you shared only mentions the number $2.4mm. It doesn’t say that Larry would make $2.6mm in 2016, $2.35mm + 875k = $3.23mm in 2017, 3.4mm in 2018, $3.6mm in 2019, and $3.75mm in 2020.

3 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

One glance at the original post and you can clearly see that $2.4mm is the bottom and is in no way the average. The article you shared does not use the word average anywhere in it. I think you can easily project his 2020 contract through 22-23′ and see an average from 2016 to 2022-23 of $3.4mm per year.

3 2

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

This is new as it was not reported 5 years ago. See how that works? They did not report he would be making $4mm per year in 2020. Stop making a total ass out of yourself on this one.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Larry’s total compensation is close to $4mm?