Let’s not forget about stud commit running back, Ricky Parks, out of Florida

Viewing 5 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z02jr7DIig4

Track and football kid. Hard Commit 6/28/2020. Rated about where Ty Jordan was rated, Parks with slightly better rating but who knows what that means, Jordan looking like he was underrated. Utah should have sufficient depth next year.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

The first time I heard “stud” used in reference to a fellow human was at BYU.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Parks will be here in the Spring too which helps a lot. The next few weeks will remain crazy guys. We’re not out of the woods with transfers yet. Such crazy times and there are not enough landing spots for most of the guys that enter the portal.

Utah5410
          Ute Fan
          @utah5410

ONLYU. What is the rationale for some guys leaving without a spot ? Did they assume there will be one ? Are they going off of what outside influencers are telling them ? Or are some frankly being pushed out.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

It’s hard to know. Some of these guys fall behind players who are legitimate NFL guys and maybe they can develop into that themselves if they have the chance to get on the field. That’s the dream they have and everyone who has watched them grow up and succeed probably feels the same way. The system is set up in a way that they know they can leave and go somewhere else without much penalty. These higher level guys should be fine but yeah most of the “advice” they get is questionable because if you’re transferring behind a good but not great player or are really not that next level guy you’re putting your “free” education at risk chasing a dream that is probably not realistic. Nothing wrong with chasing a dream so it’s hard to find fault BUT being realistic is a pretty important trait to have in life.

CoVid is providing them “free transfers” (most likely) but most haven’t done the math on the available spots. Scary times for some of them but it ends for all of us…this just probably speeds up that process for some of these kids.

Have not heard where JD will land yet.

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

I can’t keep up with this anymore.  From now on, I’m just gonna show up at the first game of the season, buy a program, and see who’s on the team.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Whatever happened to Jaylon Dixon? Did he land somewhere?

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

If you haven’t seen this video of Ty Jordan it’s really cool. It shows the personal side of the kid. How he is determined to battle through adversity.
      Kids got a head on his shoulders.
      Watch his legs swivel avoiding tacklers. It’s ridiculous. He hops also.
      His ladder excercises are key for his development and it shows.
      Parks is taller and bigger yet he also has some swivel in his legs.
      Speed and athleticism is what Kyle said the Utes needed to catch up in PAC 12.
      Well we’re here and it’s showing on the field.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Kid is impressive.  His vision, paitence and ability to read the D is over the top for his age.  Crazy scary where this kids potential is.  Glad he’s one of us.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Love this kid.

If he stays healthy, he will be something special here at the U.  I cannot remember a freshman here at the U with as much talent as he has.  Eddie Johnson was good, but this kid is special!!!

Go Utes!!!

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Huge Micah Bernard fan. Kid is very athletic adding another dimemsion to the backfield. Phillip Lindsay type back that spreads field with run and pass. Good blocker as well.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yep. Wish Wilmore would have stayed but I love what we have here. Jordan was highly thought of coming out of high school. I’m not surprised that he’s good but I am surprised that it happened so quick. Bernard on the other hand, I wasnt expecting to be as good. I thought he’d be #4 until he transferred. What I’ve seen from him on the field has been pleasantly surprising.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Bernard is still hella young also.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

A friend who works for the team and attneds practice has been saying since fall of 2019 to watch out for Bernard, he is really good, and could pass Wilmore and Brumfield.

Said the same thing about Vele, until he broke his arm.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Let’s not forget about stud commit running back, Ricky Parks, out of Florida