Listening to Whitt after yesterday:

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

“We’ve moved WR’s to CB so they have a shot to play” “Shyne looks better than last year” “Carrington is the best WR we’ve had in the PAC-12” “We have 8 OL ready to go” “Utah is 6 deep at DT” “Luafatasaga should be all conference at LB” “Our CB’s look better than last year”

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I tried to copy and paste that on the app and that’s what happened. I tried to paste it into the body, not the subject. 

But, I think we get the gist of it. 

Is it koolaid time? It might be getting close. 

I think a blowout of FBYU-P is when I dive in headfirst. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Two thoughts:

1) I’m a little skeptical of the “CBs look better than last year” comment when he says “We’ve moved WRs to CB so they have a shot to play.”

If the CBs we have look better than last year, how in the world is a converted WR supposed to get playing time there?

2) If we blow BYU out, I will be pushing you out of the way to dive into the kool-aid! 

I just don’t think there is any chance we blow them out this year. 

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

To be fair, our CBs were quite underwhelming last year.  Brian Allen was only drafted because of height and speed.  He lost us both the Cal and Oregon games by himself.  Porter had a few good games, but didn’t turn his back often and Hatfield really disappointed last year.  Thomas was also ok but not as good as the year before.

So I’m glad he feels they are better than last year because they weren’t very good last year.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

They moved Kenric Young. The point on that is not that Young is needed on defense. It’s that he isn’t needed in offense. Basically Kenric Young isn’t seeing the field for us. That’s a great thing. 

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

I get that they think he isn’t needed on offense, but if we are truly better at CB than I don’t see how moving him there is going to be the place he finds playing time. 

Maybe he will turn out to be a natural fit at CB and provide some added depth, but I don’t think there is a great chance of that considering he is a senior and has played WR his entire time at Utah.

RiseasUtes
              Ute Fan
              @riseasutes

We are deeper at WR than we are at CB, imo.  Carrington, Singleton, Wilson, Dana, Vickers, Fulks, McCormick, Simpkins, Hampton, Nurse, Thompson, Nacua, Young, Dixon, Boyd+Covey will be back next year.

Compared to Burgess, Blackmon, Johnson, Guidry, Hobbs, Hughes, King, Lewis(if he qualifies)

So its a good move if he can make the transition.  I dont see him beating out many of those WR for playing time.   Conversely I dont see him beating out many of the CBs either, but there are fewer to compete with.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

Kenric moved himself…Senior year wants to get on the field and is now behind Carrington outside due to an unexpected transfer.  Wilson on the other…it was more about him not wanting to sit his Senior year so he moved over.  He’s talented but is probably in he same boat over there behind 3 guys for two spots.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Jaylon Johnson will be the starting Corner on one side and is the highest rated recruit Utah have ever had at Cornerback. He lines up with Carrington on nearly every play and is stride for stride with him. 

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

I am getting tipsy. Tough schedule this year… but boy I am excited. Although we have cycled through offensive coordinators, and there is always talk about how the offense is going to improve, this is the first year that I really believe it (please don’t let my dreams be dashed). The change with Taylor is the most drastic change with the offense Whit has made. Previous hires seemed more like shuffling chairs/titles. Taylor is coming with his own system and appears to have freedom to fully implement it.

Frankly, one of my biggest concerns is the field goal kicking game. Hopefully we are mostly kicking extra points.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Looks like I forgot to implement a character limit for topic titles in the mobile app!

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

Last years corners were frustrating to watch. They were almost always in great position but would never get their head around to see the ball.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Listening to Whitt after yesterday: