Logan Fano and Levani Damuni

Viewing 5 reply threads

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

I haven’t found if Logan Fano has signed with us yet. That goes for Levani Damuni as well. Can’t remember if transfers have to sign in the same way as HS recruits, does anyone have info on if these 2 guys are officially with us now?

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

I don’t believe they are officially with us yet. Coach Whitt was not at liberty to talk about them in his press conference yesterday, nor was he able to talk about any HS players that had not officially signed yet (which at the time was only one player).

Transfers can happen at any time; they don’t really have anything to do with signing day. My understanding is that there are additional processes that transfers must go through, mainly pertaining to officially enrolling and transferring academic credits from their old institution to their new one, which requires administrative oversight that takes time, especially at the time of year when schools are wrapping up exams and working to post grades from fall semester.

I don’t recall if Damuni is coming over as a grad transfer or as a 5th year senior (the 5th year being the extra year granted because of the Covid season). If he is a grad transfer, then I believe he also must deal with being officially admitted to a grad program, which is its own process with its own application, review, and acceptance windows.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Levani was on with Riley recently & stated he won’t be on campus till this summer.

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Does any one know who the third transfer commitment is that Kyle referenced but couldn’t talk about in his press conference?

Fano and Damuni were the two everyone know about, but Kyle referenced a third.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

Yeah was wanting to ask the same question but didn’t want to take away from tearly si

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

<p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>FWIW, while D1 transfers can sign scholarship paperwork and announce their transfer destination, they aren't obligated to a college until they actually attend a class at their new school. It isn't like NLIs signed by HS or junior college prospects.</p>— Chris Karpman (@ChrisKarpman) December 21, 2022

<script async src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&#8221; charset=”utf-8″></script>

BeaUTE
      Ute Fan
      @beaute

This guy just posted this. He plays for D1 Arkansas state… Would be nice.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Logan Fano and Levani Damuni