Mason Tufaga to the Portal

Viewing 3 reply threads

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

Darn, I really wanted to see what this kid could do at LB.  But understand given our strength at this position.

Good luck to him!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I expect Lander will be very good given he has moved past a handful of 4* LBs. Utah’s defense will also draw very good LBs in the portal due to how Utah makes use of the position. It would seem you need experience, an understand of the defense, and very good LBer skills or possibly a great deal of 2 of the 3. Given that there are 5 possible years in the program we have seen patient players do very well starting only 2 years. I suppose, however, with the number of LBers on special teams, if you are not getting reps there the second year one could feel very much down the depth chart line. Reid is another exception coming in last year with other higher rated LBs but managed to get some starts as a freshman. Swan is also doing quite a job getting talent into his room.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I think some guys will need to go to make room for our portal additions like Dumani from Stanford who plays the same position.  We are deep at LB.  I wish Tufaga the best.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

When you consider the percentage of 4-star recruits the U signs (just a few per year), it is crazy to think that there are multiple 4-star recruits at LB that never played. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Mason Tufaga to the Portal