My feelings about Rose Bowl #2

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I have to say from strictly a fan perspective that this loss is much harder for me than last year’s. Last years (Rose Bowl #1) was a “we are happy to be here” situation. Yes we played a great game and nearly won, but I was happy to be there either way.

For today’s game I had expected the team’s experience last year to get us over the hump and help us pull out a win. Instead we got beat soundly. The expectation or greater hope of winning this Rose Bowl made the pain of losing much more harsh.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

You know how it is Tony. You never forget your first Rose Bowl. The game last year was an all-time classic. This one not so much. Two of the longest plays in Penn State history made all of the difference.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

My feelings exactly. Last year I honestly expected tOSU to blow us out by 24 points or more. The fact that it went down to the last seconds of the game was a pleasant surprise and the sting of losing wasn’t too bad.

This year I expected the Utes to win. Especially when there were reports of “it just feels different this year” and reports of the team being uber-focused and going to Pasadena to get a win.

Thud.

And it feels like a kick between the legs. This one’s going to hurt for awhile.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My feelings about Rose Bowl #2