Nate Johnson

Viewing 4 reply threads

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

All he does is score touchdowns (technically 66% of the time he touches the ball, but close enough).

He looked a lot bigger/stronger than I would have expected for a true freshman. Excited to have him in the wings for future years. 

I was also impressed with Isbell. He got juked on the QB sneak score (give de Laura credit for that one), but otherwise seemed to be hitting hard and very involved.

One more thing – this is a great time to be a Ute fan (at least, in football). What a fun time to be regularly beating Arizona, Arizona State, USC, and others. Would never have dreamed of this day when I was a kid. Utah is the defending Pac12 champs (and played for the championship for the last three years – I don’t count the covid year) and is still very much in the hunt for a title this year, despite some injuries to key players. Soak it up – because you never know how long it will last…but after seeing Nate Johnson, I am optimistic we have at least a few more years.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

My dad called me after he saw Johnson out there. He was floored when I told him Johnson is a true Freshman. The only thing that worries me is that pretty much the only thing Whitt will say about him is that he’s still learning how to play QB at this level (which is perfectly fine, it just makes things a little more unsure).

He could definitely be something special if he has what it takes in terms of dedication.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

Nate Johnson is the player I have been most excited about since we recruited him.
        The dude is super fast, competes in track and I believe he won state for something.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Nate was an Elite Eleven participant his Senior year and did very well throwing the ball. He has a very bright future!

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

If he’s is as advertised as I believe he maybe ; Utes are gonna have to pay to keep him

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

It would appear he’s not an accurate passer. But he’s not had much experience throwing the ball so that’s why Whitt says he has a high ceiling—IF he can learn to throw.

MauchDawgUte
        Ute Fan
        @mauchdawgute

On the post game show Whitt said he was a very good passer so idk.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Whitt praised him and said he had a high ceiling as a QB, so there’s that.   I think they’re trying not to burn his redshirt this year with the wildcat package they put in for him for now, but if he has that much upside he may not stay in the program for 5 years.  Use ’em while you got ’em, I say.

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

He’s the future. Hope we can keep him with all the nil bs.  I read somewhere 60% or so of four and five star quarterbacks transfer. 🤞

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Nate Johnson