Northwestern

Viewing 4 reply threads

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Anyone know nu’s situation for game – any guys not playing?

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

The Wildcats are expected to be without top offensive lineman Jose Priebe, who entered the transfer portal, but will have most key players back for this one. Only three players departed, and none played crucial roles.

Northwestern pulled off road upsets over Wisconsin and Illinois, defeated Purdue in its final home game at Ryan Field, and arrives in Vegas with a lot of momentum. It’s a stark contrast from where the program was just a few months ago since the future appears to be very bright and order has been restored.

Northwestern’s strength on the defensive end lies with All-Big Ten linebackers Bryce Gallagher and Xander Mueller, who each recorded over 100 tackles.

Here’s a list of Northwestern players not playing in the Las Vegas Bowl due to transfer or opt out:

OG Josh Priebe
      QB Cole Freeman
      DT Matt Lawson
      DB Nigel Williams

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I just looked at their team stats.

Their QB is basically Bryson Barnes. They’ve given up more than twice as many sacks as us this year (4 sacks per game). They have passed for 400 yards more than us this year.

They have run for a total of just over 1000 yards this year, less than half of our yearly total.

Our offense is about 50 yards per game better, their defense is 50 yards per game worse.

Our turnover margin for the season is slightly better as well.

Without adjusting for strength of schedule because I don’t have the ability to do that, we are the better team on paper. A quick look at SOS says we had a schedule that was a good deal harder than theirs, so that weighs in our favor as well.

The big question is, who is going to play for either team?

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

which Utah team do you have on that paper of yours? the planned team for 2023, the shell of the plan that was available for Colorado, or the remnants after all of the portal action this month?

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I just looked at statistics from this year… Like I said in my original post though, the big question is who actually plays.

We’ll get some guys back from injury, and lose some others. Realistically, we are probably losing more than we are gaining, but the guys that are playing will be more fresh as well. I guess we’ll see.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

I was just trying to be funny.

I don’t think any of us knows what Utah is going to look like on Saturday so trying to analyze is pretty much out the window.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

From what I’ve been reading on this board the last few days, talent doesn’t matter anyway. If they’re a Ute, they’re basically Devin Lloyd so don’t worry about who’s playing and who’s not.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Looks like we are pretty solid for the game. Big differences from the regular season is safeties and WRs. Offensive line and safeties should give us a glimpse of what to expect next year at those positions. QB and WRs will be different next year.

BungalowUte
      Ute Fan
      @bungalowute

This is a good matchup for Utah. Good thing it won’t rain. If Utah can run the ball well. Then I like their chances. Northwestern ranks 82nd in rush defense according to NCAA.com

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Northwestern