@narfute

The team will be wearing uniforms. Specifically, these uniforms:

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Red and black MUSS helmets, red jerseys, white pants. Official color message is: wear whatever Ute colors you want!

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Whatever keeps you warm.

7 14

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

These might be the ugliest helmets of all time. I get the idea, but it’s a bad idea, and even if executed well, it just looks like someone screwed up the paint job. It seems like they did a good job, but were given a horrible idea to start with. Would have been so much better with just the crowd silhouette at the bottom.

Who’s terrible idea was this? “Hey guys, I know what we can do for our hand-painted helmets this year! Let’s paint signs you might see while at a game, but let’s paint them with smushed letters.”

The back of the helmets reminds me of one of those birthday cake instruction fails. Huge opportunity wasted big time.

1 10

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

After seeing the picture of Cam holding the helmet, they look better, but still a bad idea. The back is just so bad. It just looks like someone doesn’t know how to draw a straight line.

2 9

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Why not choose something that looks better painted than it does in reality instead of just trying to mimic reality in a really cheesy way? I get it when its someone’s likeness, but why hand-paint something that could just as easily be printed? We know this can be printed because it IS PRINTED on the flags/signs they are mimicking.

All that artistic talent wasted. The battleship thing was dope, the ty/aaron tributes were dope, the wings were dope.

These helmets are a good idea and a horrible idea squished together.

Red Rhino
      Ute Fan
      @ryanute

You can tell that the rippled letters are intended to be flags, not signs. You could not print this out. I think it’s super creative and a great tribute to the Muss. I love the fans silhouette! I really don’t like the back though! The sign in the back is too much. Should have just left it off. Would love to see the native American headdress helmets next year though as a tribute to the Ute tribe.

1 4

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

The sides are okay. Still a terrible use of the hand painting feature, but okay nonetheless. Because the back one is a white flag, there was just no way it was going to look good. Stupid idea. Would have looked better to make the entire helmet one flag without borders. Any of those three flags would have looked interesting blown up and covering the entire helmet, complete with the intricate details of what a flag looks like flapping in the wind in real life.

This is just a well executed bad idea.

Red Rhino
      Ute Fan
      @ryanute

Headdress Helmet

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

That would certainly look cool. Not sure the Ute Tribe would be too into it though…

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

If they decide to tribute the NEZ I can think of a couple of things they could put on the helmets.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

If my memory serves, the helmets aren’t big enough for that tribute. Well, I guess they got a whole destroyer on them one year though.

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

They could use 2 helmets.

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

not my favorite.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Obviously the most important news of the day (helmets):