ONLYU

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Wondering about the injuries again. Didn’t see LO, Mariner or Taufua. I’m assuming they are all week to week. Are the injuries more serious then Whitt is making them out to be ? Or are they still just being held out as a precaution ? Great win yesterday. Gotta win the PAC South. USC May lose next week to ASU. I think COLO losing to WSU. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Guy sitting behind me at the game last night told me Covey came into the USC game with a small fracture in his wrist or something like that. Not sure if he is full of it or not. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Bill Riley asked Covey about his hand.  He said he’s fine. I gather there are some issues, but he’s not the type to make an excuse. 

eyesonU
        Ute Fan
        @eyesonu

Heard the same thing about Covey.  If it is true they arent saying, and the way he was taped up I couldnt tell one way or the other.  That might explain the muffed punt though.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Mariner had a set back this week should be back next week (concussion).  Lo is walking fine (partial ligament tear in his knee) but had a soft cast on his hand last night so something I wasn’t aware of.  2-3 weeks was the initial diagnosis and next week is 4.  He should be back next week but honestly those young guys have played so well the last three games it scares me to make a change even though he’s a captain.  

Tufua was in a few plays last night I believe.  He was in full uniform…Maxs has taken the spot with the ones though so he’s not playing much.  Nacua got worked on twice last night.  He was kneeling next to me during a time out and I thought he was gonna puke…thought concussion but gathered himself and went back into the huddle.  Later they looked at his ankle.  He was dancing around toward the end so he’s good.  Agisiva looked like he was in pain late but kept playing not sure if that’s anything yet.  

I agree.  Might catch a break with SC losing again.   Not sure about next week against ASU but UCLA might be better at the end of the year as well.  SC is banged up…especially after last night.  One game at a time!  What a great night, great atmosphere.  Feels different like we’ve turned a corner.  Keep it rolling.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yeah, Tafua has a couple of nice plays last night. I remember mocking BYU after he made them. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.