Our DL is insanely good.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t think we’ve ever had as mature, experienced AND talented DL ever. We have everything.

Look at our starters: Lowell, first round talent. Fitts, first round talent. Moko, first three rounds talent.

Anae will have a breakout year. Fitts will take the Dimick role, I think we will be better overall, but have less sacks than Dimick. I think Fitts will be an absolute insane disruptor.

I bet we slide Moko outside and bring Fotu inside. Look at that lineup: Moko, Lotulelei, Fotu, Fitts. Good luck running.

Long yardage? We bring this out: Anae, Tupai, Moko, Lowell, Fitts. Lol.

Three man front? Fitts, Lowell, Moko with Luafatasaga and Hansen blitzing.

Crazy. Good luck.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I hope Fitts continues to wreak havoc in the backfield and at the LOS. That kid always seems to get his hands up and bat down a few passes.

Lowell is a proven commodity, I’m really grateful that he decided to stay an extra year and anchor that line. Mokofisi is a stud as well.

I’m very excited to see how Tupai, Fotu and Anae develop. There’s tremendous potential among all of them.

What I love most about our D-Line is how good they are at getting pressure with only a 4 man rush. Really opens up your defensive options at the LB/Secondary positions when you don’t have to rely on blitzing to get a sack. And then when you do want to pin the ears back and blitz, well, it’s going to cause some serious havoc.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I agree. I love the seeing a four man rush get to the quarterback. 

What game did we have the 5 man front last year? I remember feeling fairly frustrated that we couldn’t get to their quarterback. Seems like we should have crushed them. 

geaux-sioux
      Ute Fan
      @geaux-sioux

This is a big reason that I am both excited and nervous for this game. Our OL struggled in the first 4 games or so last year but came together to be a solid unit by the end of the season. I don’t think we could find a better test for them outside the SEC. If we can hold it together against this unit we will have a special season. We could also get potentially exposed though which is why I’m nervous.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’m sad your CB went down. You guys seemed like the perfect game for us. Our OL and WR’s need work and your DL and CB’s have been very good. 

How does that injury affect your secondary? 

geaux-sioux
          Ute Fan
          @geaux-sioux

Obviously he was our main stud. The guy who started opposite his to start the year was a true soph who suffered a season ending shoulder injury after 3 games. He was replaced by a true fr who was a fr all American. Our corners are young but very gifted. None are 6’3″ tall though….

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Not to sound arrogant, I’d call it a success if UND can stay within 2-3 scores. Playing at 4300′ and constantly having to drive 80-95 yds is very difficult for a run heavy team.

geaux-sioux
          Ute Fan
          @geaux-sioux

4300′ is nothing. Our guys will be in very good shape. We haven’t had troubles with other high altitude locations. I’m more worried about 400lb Samoans than 4300′ if I’m honest.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Look back threw UND’s schedules and you’ll see a noticeable difference in points scored at high altitude venues vs home or road games at a similar altitude. Lots of factors go into that obviously, but when a team averages nearly 40 pts at home or similar altitude over multiple seasons and roughly 20 pts at high altitude venue’s, that’s more than nothing.

geaux-sioux
              Ute Fan
              @geaux-sioux

After crunching the number from the last three seasons, our points for at altitude mean is less than one standard deviation less than the mean. And that’s just the numbers in a bubble without the consideration of unquantifiable data such as talent match-ups and weather.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Our DL is insanely good.